Tuesday, August 28, 2012

MISC. STUFF..........

I made this blanket for a friend of ours who just had a baby.  I think it turned out really nice.  She had a girl...but I love blue..and lets face it....she will have lots of pink..not so much blue I imagine.  The stitch is a basket weave....so easy!
 
Here are partners in crime...or at the least in a boat.

These are some photos of the new addition to the cottage.  The door used to be right where the start of the opening begins.  Now it is all opened up and you just would not believe the room it affords.  It turned out so nice!!



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The blanket is so so pretty! What a great job you did! I have been thinking for a couple months now that I really ought to make matching blankets for the girls' beds if I want their room to "come together" better, but the thought is intimidating me. ON the other hand, blankets at the store (what I am looking for) are like $40.00 a piece! and getting matching ones would be a HUGE expense. If I were to make some for the girls, I am thinking something like this:

http://pinterest.com/pin/106116134939398162/

Isn't it gorgeous? Isn't it INTIMIDATING?!? :-)

I'll probably just buy something. :-) I can always crochet a PILLOW instead of a blanket! :-)

Wendy said...

I love that look too! Yes, it would be intimidating...at least for me :-) I would love to try a pillow like that though! I would love to see what you make--I just love homespun items!