Monday, July 31, 2006

BACK FROM VACATION!!!!

We are finally back from our vacation in Black Lake! We had a fabulous time. I have some photos to post, but for some reason I can not get them to upload onto blogger...must be technical difficulties! We had a really great time while we were there. We were also able to worship with the Lisbon RP congregation and see some friends there. The fishing was alright. The lake was down really low. I caught mostly small mouth bass...and 1 good sized Largemouth. Isaac caught a 20 inch bowfin...that is one nasty fish! He was so proud :) I was able to read, relax, take the kids to the beach and just have a great vacation. We also went to Alexandria Bay and saw an aquamarine zoo...the kiddos loved that.
We headed back a day early because we had a wedding to attend. The reception was tons of fun! It was at the Treadway in Owego. I had the Filet Mignon.....which was sooooooo good...and Cory had the chicken. It was quite a lavish affair. We had a lot of fun at our table because we knew all of the couples with us...Cory and I left while the night was still pretty young...I imagine that party was just getting started :) Our friends kept our little ones over night, so we had a night entirely to ourselves :) We are very excited because in about 3 weeks we will be attending another couples wedding...we love weddings!
Cory left me at 6:00 this morning.....to go camping with some buddies. I will not see him until Wednesday around lunch. I guess I wont even really see him then, as he has plans to go do some clean up at our church which was flooded. I will see him for a little before I take off for my own mini vacation...
Corys birthday is coming up on August 3rd...be sure to wish that fella a happy 31st b-day! I have not decided what I will get for him...any ideas? Well, I had better get back to work...Laundry...it is never ending!

4 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Welcome back to reality.

Rebecca said...

Hey! I have been anxiously awaiting your return! I REALLY missed your frequent posts!

I love weddings too-but I am going to love them even more soon, because Matt told me we can take dance classes together! WooHOO! (He never hardly dances with me because he feels stupid...) No longer!

Welcome home and I am glad you had fun! Three cheers for fun vacations!

Wendy said...

OH, I am sooooo jealous! Cory would take the classes with me, but it is the money issue...we just dont have it. I bought a tape off of ebay that taught the waltz and foxtrot...that was lots of fun! You lucky thing you! You certainly didn't look foolish at your wedding...it looked like you knew what you were doing!

Michelle said...

Welcome back from your vacation! It was good to see you all in church. I always feel on Sundays that I'm running around like a chicken w/its head cut off, taking care of the kids that we don't get much time to chat. :(

Happy 31st Birthday, Cory!!! :D