Tuesday, July 18, 2006

TUESDAY MORNING POST...........

This week is most exciting because we a making preparations for our annual trip to Black Lake New York!! This is a week long fishing adventure...LOVE IT! We stay in a cottage right by the water, and the beach area is just down the yard a bit. The kids are so excited as well. Last year we took them into town and we went to the theatre...we plan to do so again if there is anything suitable for them to see. Sunday we will worship with the Lisbon Reformed Presbyterian Church. On the way there we came across a fruit and veggie stand ...so many fresh goodies, that we stock up for the week. Also on the road that runs by our cottage the Amish children have a stand of their baked goods and veggies...so we have some good things to choose from without going to the grocery store :) I plan to go to the bookstore and pick up 2-3 books for myself...this is just a little bit of heaven for me...and also I plan to get another guilty pleasure...flavored coffee creamer...the real stuff, not powder...creme brulee, and coconut flavored...mmmmmmm. I am not alone in this however, Corys Mom loves it too, as does Cliff. I imagine I will wake up in the morning and get myself a cup of that cream...with a little coffee too and sit on the porch and watch for the guys to come back in from fishing. Ahhh I can't wait for that! Oh, I almost forgot! Terri might be coming with us...that is if the state does not call her and ask to see her old residence...so I am hoping that we will be drinking our coffee together! Here is to a relaxing vacation...lots of book reading, coffee drinking, and fish catching...oh yeah...and pinochle playing...CHEERS!
Of course to get ready for the fishing part, we went to our favorite sporting goods store...Gander Mountain!! The kids were very excited because Uncle Cliffy gave them each money to spend there! I got a couple spinner baits, and two packs of Yamamoto Worms, Black, and Red Shad. I plan to go to Wal * Mart and get a few bobbers when I use night crawlers or minnows. Isaac got the cutest fisherman hat ever...I will have to get a picture! I am hoping to get a visor myself...oh yeah, and a pair of sunglasses!
Cory and I will actually be leaving a day early from vacation to attend a friends wedding. I am very excited, because a friend of ours will watch the kids for us, and we can go have fun at the party! The reception is at the Owego Treadway Inn...Cory is having the chicken, and I am having the fillet mignon (sp?). I hope there will be lots of dancing, and Margaritas!! What a great end to our vacation. We actually have another wedding in August that we will be attending...How Fun! I am also very fortunate that around the first week of August, I will be taking another little mini vacation! My friend Anna and I will start Friday at 10am and get a much needed massage, then we will lunch, and walk the quaint shops of Owego. We will go get a few good magazines, perhaps a book or two...then have some supper. That night we will head to the Cottage and watch a movie. The next day we will go antiquing, and perhaps go to the theatre if there is anything good playing...then back to the cottage for Rand R. Sunday our men and children will meet up with us for a BBQ, and we will celebrate Corys 31st B-day :) I am so looking forward to this. The guys will watch the kids this weekend, and have a little campout in the back yard...fun for them! Of course little Nathan will be coming with us, as he is nursing. AAHHHH summer!

1 comment:

Jemit said...

have a fabulous trip.. relax and rest and call me when you get home..