Thursday, July 06, 2006

FLOODS * BELATED BIRTHDAYS * BOOKS

I just finished The Preachers Daughter. I did not like it as well as the Abrams Daughters series, but this certainly held my attention. I am hoping that the library has the 2nd book, and that I wont have to go out and buy it...I am held utterly captive by good books...:)
Happy Belated Birthday to my nephew David, my niece Joyce, and my Mother-in-law Vickie. I am hoping to post pictures later. It takes so long to upload photos, and I don't seem to have much time....but I hope all had very happy birthdays!

Well, I just looked into getting flood insurance. Do you know that in your homeowners policy you are not covered for flooding? Of course we dont own this home, but we are looking for a quote on flood insurance. We have made it through the past three floods, but now that the river has rerouted itself a little closer...we want to be careful. Just for your info...apparently if you do not live in a flood plain...flood insurance can be anywhere from $200 - to - $400 per year...really a drop in the bucket if you are hit hard...but still hard to scrape together when you dont make much. I hope that it is the lower end of the spectrum.











No comments: