Saturday, July 08, 2006

THE BAT.........AND THE BROOM


While I was fast asleep yesterday night...Cory was wide awake...and he saw a bat fly through the house....AAAAAAAAHHHHHH. He woke me up, and I took the two girls into my bed and waited until he found the tresspasser...(sp?)....anyways...he was busy upstairs when I saw it fly through the living room...I yelled to Cory "I saw it"....and then he came running downstairs with the broom and a flashlight just in time to see me shut the door and say goodbye...I was out of there! Anyways...After a few walloping sounds I heard him pounding nails upstairs...Those creepy things are SO NOT WELCOME! Lucky for the bat it was just a broom...before Cory and I got married he used to sleep with "Bernie" by his side...a broken baseball bat...I certainly wouldnt want to see a guy that big coming at me with a piece of a bat...yikes! Say NO to BATS! The last time we had a bat was a couple of years ago...and Cory had a broom then too...but that bat died by the power of the maglite flashlight he was holding...Ever since being to the Newmans and seeing their bat...it was like an omen or something...I knew this guy was coming....it just gives me shivers...Yuck.

4 comments:

Jemit said...

The only things worse than a bat in the house.. (and we had a couple down at the farm) is a snake or spiders- those big hairy ones......((((()))))..... that's chills just thinking about them!

Rebecca said...

HA! Looks like the bat might have hitched a ride with you! Guess you guys were more fun...

Michelle said...

...Am I the only one that thinks they are kind of cute??? :D

Wendy said...

Yes Michelle...you must be!!!!! HA...NO Mom, I can deal with spiders, and yes I would rather have a bat than a snake...you can find a bat easier....Rebecca...please keep your bats at your house in the future ....HA!