Wednesday, July 05, 2006

ANOTHER POST...........!

We have come back from vacation to come home to devastation. Not our particular home thank the Lord...but to all else surrounding. The house across the street has a mud pit instead of a yard...the water was up to their porch...probably inside as well. The house right next to us is in bad shape. The river that runs right next to it, overflowed and re-routed itself through their entire yard...all that is left is a pile of river rock....massive piles of it!!! We are afraid if it happens again that we will have flooding troubles in our garage and our home... The home at the end of our road lost all but 5 of their cows...what a mess! Cory has been helping out in Conklin...a place hit horribly bad!!! Our friend Terri lost everything. She was able to salvage her table and chairs and one stand...everything else...clothes, pictures, everything gone!! She needs a lot of prayer right now. She has had several offers from people to come and live with them including us, she is finding it difficult to accept without feeling like a burden. Please keep Terri in your prayers, she is like one of the family to us! Apparently you cannot get into Conklin unless you live there...Cory went with Terri, and said people have their saturated belongings piled high beyond their house...and the stench is awful. The Red Cross brought meals to residents and workers. I have seen stands for dry ice and water...what a horrible scenario this all is. Corys Mom and Dad got a couple of inches in their basement. They are having to throw out boxes upon boxes of Dads collection of books from over the years. Their church also was hit hard...there is so much mud and grime....They said they are taking rugs out and getting to the walls to take them out as well. Our home church was hit very badly....I do not know for sure if it will be salvagable at this point. We have not seen it, but only heard hearsay, and looked at some pictures...see the pictures at my friend michelles blog at the right. cory is busy helping everyone while I feel helpless. I am going to try to have Terri come for supper and be an encourager here...it is hard though, I really want to go put on a pair of boots and help like Cory..but I can't bring the kids out in the dirty fuel-sewage water. Please
just pray for us all here, and the massive clean-up....I will post pictures in due time.

7 comments:

Jthemilker said...

What can we send for your friend and if we mail it to you will you pass it on?

Leah said...

Wendy,

I'm so glad you, your family, and your house are safe! It's hard to believe the devastation due to flooding that has occured two years in a row. I hope to see you at services on Sunday whereever they are held.

Wendy said...

JJ-I am sure you can send even the basic essentials as she lost everything...you know, bathroom supplies..I guess I would just think what would be hard to live without? and then I would send that. I think we have her talked into living here..we shall see soon. Yes...if you sent something...she would definately get them...maybe even an extra bible would be nice if you come across one. Thanks for thinking of her.

Leah, yes I can't believe all of this disaster...especially to the church. I hope to see you all on Sabbath where ever it may be...I am glad you are all up on a hill and safe...we have been so fortunate.

Jthemilker said...

What size clothes does she need? My coworker has a closet full she's getting rid of and I have plenty that I could part with.

Wendy said...

As far as I know her pants are 22 and she likes her tops 3X. I dont know about shoe size...I am sure she would appreciate anything.

Jthemilker said...

Thanks - I'm on it!

Wendy said...

Fabulous...any help is great!