Wednesday, June 28, 2006

OHIO....WEST VIRGINIA....PENNSYLVANIA

Vacation has been wonderful so far! Our journey to Ohio was great! We took Breakfast and Lunch with us and ate at the rest stops...the kids did great with those stops...I am so glad that they are such good travellers. When we got to Ohio, we checked into a great Hotel with a hot tub and swimming pool...we spent as much time in it as we could...the kids were loving it...as were Cory and I! Later on was Corys Grandma and Grandpa Jacks Surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary...We set up for that, and then had a fabulous time with them...we got to meet family that Cory hasnt seen for 15 or more years, and that I hadn't met at all...a really lovely time. Grandma and Jack were very surprised...but I think very touched as well!
After the party, we journeyed down to Corys Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Harrys Place. They live on 56 beautiful wooded acres. The driveway is a long winding one and at the top sits a beautiful house overlooking a pond. It is all too beautiful for words. I was able to get some pictures of the scenery, and will post some when I get it developed. It was all such a pleasant and refreshing time spent. Uncle Harry spoiled the kids by letting them play with his "toys". Both Isaac and Esther got to drive his Kubota, and Mule...of course they were in their glory...and lets not forget Cory...a big kid at heart...Uncle Harry took him in the Mule to look around the property ...showing him where the good hunting spots were...he is planning a trip to go hunting with his buddy from school...I am trying to figure out how I can come to go visit too...but I dont really think I am invited..HA. Anyways...We of course spent time fishing in the pond...Esther even caught a catfish!!! Good Job Esther ! Aunt Sherrie showed us all of the beautiful landscaping she has done, and the projects she plans on doing...I will post pictures of those too. Inside the house was so beautiful...I wish I had taken pictures inside as well...I did get one of the sun room...I hope it comes out! We went to visit Corys cousin Shelly and Scott and their son Chase. They run a campground. Their house sits in the way way back of the campground and is just as beautiful. They have a huge pond as well!
Before we left for Aunt Sherrie and Uncle Harrys, we went to visit our friends the Somas. They have been remodeling their house, and it is looking so nice! Paul is quite a carpenter! We didnt get to stay long, but we did have lunch with their crew and got to see the Bumps and Mrs. McDonald too! I hope we get to see each other again soon...it just wasn't a long enough visit!
On the way home we cut through the corner of West Virgina. By home, I mean Butler. We pulled in the Driveway just as Dad was getting out of his car! I made spaghetti for supper and John and Amanda and I went to get salad and Garlic Bread...yummy! JJ and Keith joined us for supper too. We are staying at their house. JJ and Keith are busy remodeling their place as well. We hope to be able to help them while we are here. While we are here, we plan to go see my Dad at work, which is Raccoon State Park, and maybe go fishing, buy a load of birthday gifts, see our niece and nephews, golf, go to starbucks, and much much more!
Yesterday I walked through the Garden with my Uncle Charlie. It was huge!!!! He had such a lot planted. Also quite a lot of red raspberry bushes...they were red, but bitter....he said I was a week early...they come out around the 4th and so do the Japanese beetles. When I was a kid I got a penny for every japanese beetle that I caught in a can. I took pictures of the garden and will post some when I get the chance. The kids took some bread outside to feed the chickens...Gayle I dont think got the hang of it...she kept eating the bread...HA
Well, I had best get this day started! We have so much we want to do before we have to leave....hope you all have a good day! And Rebecca, if you are reading this...read the comments!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Rebecca, I need to get your phone number in case we get lost or something :) you can leave me an email it is cordyv(at) epix (dot) net. Can't wait to see you all!

Rebecca said...

Oh good! I felt so bad when I realized you had already left and I hadn't emailed you! I am so GLAD that you have access to email! I will email you tonight when Matt gets home. We just got a cellphone and I don't know the number-I will email both our numbers to you. I am so glad to hear you are having a good time-can't wait til we get a chance to see you too!

Jemit said...

WE'VE HAD A GOOD WEEK HERE WITH YOU. HAVE A GREAT TRIP BACK AND WE'LL ALL BE WATCHING FOR PICTURES FROM YOUR TRAVELS!