Tuesday, June 13, 2006

TUESDAY MORNING POST.......................!

Psalm 118 vs 24 ~ "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Good Morning Bloggers! I always like to start my day out with this verse from Psalm 118. Every morning I say to Esther..."What's Today?" And she sings it as well :) Even Gayle has begun to sing it as well, though you can't really make up the words. She likes to sing solo though...so if Esther chimes in she squawks!
The other day I was listening to a song on the radio. It was a country song....(sorry Mom). Anyways...I think it is by Tim McGraw and I believe it is called "Live Like You Were Dying" The whole gist of the song is that if you knew that you were going to die within a matter of time, what would you do? The guy in the song does all kinds of things for himself one being skydiving. Anyways...it intrigued me, so I wrote a list down of things that I would like to accomplish if I were to pass away soon. I was truly amazed that the things I would do really had nothing to do with myself! (I am not tooting my horn here...) I really thought going into it that I would write down things like learn to play the piano...take a trip to see the Grand Canyon...etc...But the one thing that was huge on my list was to finish my Scrapbooks. I think that was the most important way of leaving something of myself behind for my kids/family. So...I am going to be working hard this summer to finish these memories...(well, I dont know about FINISH...but at least make a dent.) Perhaps I will finally get our Wedding Scrapbook done after 8 years HA! The other thing that was really big on my list was to incorporate the children more into my daily activities. It is really easy for me to shoo them off to go play while I make supper, sweep the floor...whatever. The kids want to be with me and love when I ask them to help...I just need to let them. The other day there was a pile of towels sitting on the sofa to be folded, and Esther just went right over and folded all of the wash cloths and dish towels and then brought them over to me for putting away...I was so proud of her for taking the initiative to do this on her own, and do it well. I am starting to ramble...The whole point of my story was that my initial ideas were not what turned out to be important, and I was pleasantly surprised by that...how about that...I surprised myself! Good Job Wendy!
I hope everyone has a fantastic day! I am hoping to get lots of laundry done....How very boring! I would rather take the kids to the park and ride bikes....but I wont.-I will do the laundry. Maybe Tomorrow.

No comments: