Tuesday, June 20, 2006

OUR ANNIVERSARY FISHING TRIP


Yesterday was our anniversary fishing trip. Cory and I and our friend Steve headed out to beautiful Otisco Lake. Otisco is one of the Finger Lakes. The water was beautiful...it was so clear! I hooked into some large mouth bass...my luck was not great yesterday...But Cory and Steve....they were on fire! Cory pulled a 33inch Muskie into the boat...wow...what a fight! Steve and Cory were so giddy like little kids...We will post pictures as soon as I get them. For those of you that don't know ....Muskies have great big sharp teeth...Cory thinks he might have caught a tooth off of his thumb...since it was bleeding...Oh Well....He also hooked into a tiger muskie and some sizeable bass! I was using a spinner bait and since the water was so clear I could see any fish that followed it...I had a huge muskie following it, but it didn't take the bait...I am not sure I wanted it too...they are ugly creatures. Steve also hooked into a monster muskie, but we could not net it and it spit the lure out...I think they hooked into at least five muskie/tiger muskie within an hour...I think that is pretty unheard of...We had a fabulous time...Same time same place next year guys! Steve has a great boat...and it made the fishing that much more enjoyable...what a fabulous time!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am hijacking your comments section for a minute. I was wondering if you were still planning to come out to our house and when SPECIFICALLY you were coming. I have on my calendar THIS would be the weekend! (of course, if that isn't right we can always change it.) I just need to know when you are arriving and when you are leaving so I can plan the meals and such. Let me know via my blog or our new email address, which is nuevo-hombres(at)netzero(dot)net

I SO look forward to visiting-we will have to dust off some of our cards or games!