Sunday, June 04, 2006

HELLO AGAIN..........

I have not had much time to blog this past week. My mother came to visit us for several days and we had a very nice time. It seemed to me that all we did was run here and there and everywhere!--Mom assures me she enjoyed it....We are missing Mom however. She left little notes all over the house for the kids to find...each time they find one it is sheer delight...they feel so special :) We plan to visit Western Pa the end of the month. Mom and Dad also plan to come this way for Thanksgiving...and we are only too excited!
Today Isaac and Gayle are not going to church....they have Pink Eye. I am staying home with the little crew minus 1. Cory is taking Esther to his Parents church today. Every now and then we like to bring the kids there so that they can show off their grandkids...and disrupt THEIR service...ha ha...just kidding Mom and Dad. The two kiddos should be up to par quickly with all of the ointment I put in their eyes.

This Wednesday will be Esthers last day of Preschool...I am sad for that to end for her...but glad of no more running around for that on my part. She will be attending Preschool next year 3X a week instead of 2...and having a FABULOUS time as usual! This Wednesday will be her last day...but also her school picnic...I will be making linguini salad...it is soooooo yummy!
Yesterday, I spent some time on the computer searching the multiple listing system...and being really discouraged. I thought I would have some fun and research Modular homes. They are different from regular manufactured homes in a lot of ways...one is that they appreciate in their value. Anyways ....I found this one that I really like. It is called the Mongomery 1. It has 2860 square feet. 4 Bedrooms, and 3 Baths. The floor plan is exactly what I want...It seems that if you can "be your own builder" you can save thousands of dollars! I can't believe that house is a modular...you would never guess it. Of course we would have to buy land, dig a well, septic, and put in a basement...It may help to know a few people who know a few people...at any rate...this is a nice dream...who knows maybe someday. First we need to talk to some of our construction friends and see what the REAL cost factors are. (BTW...this wont happen for at least a year and a 1/2....we are just gathering info.)

5 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Funny stuff... Keith and I were just discussing new houses. :)

Rebecca said...

Is that a pciture of the house you like? Wow-it is like my dream home! I LOVE wrap around porches! Gorgeous! I love dreaming and planning and just going crazy with it all! A year and a half seem like a VERY short time compared to the rest of your life, don't you think?!?!

Wendy said...

J.J.~ Are you planning on moving on to bigger and better things so soon? You should really keep the modular idea in mind...this one was more affordable if you were your own builder...let me know if you want a good website:)

Rebecca~ Yes, I admit this is my dream house too. I don't think it will ever become reality however...I think that 1 1/2 years seems fairly short. We might give ourselves 2 years so we can have a good chunk of downpayment...Who knows, we may see a house that is suitable for us sooner. Please pray for us that we make good decisions regarding where we live and our finances...it is all a little scary for us. I am glad we have the time to research and plan...I am not a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person anyway. HA!

Jemit said...

that is a gorgeous house.. what is the floor plan like? Where is my room?? hehehehe

Wendy said...

I will post the floor plan!