Friday, June 09, 2006

FRIDAY MORNING POST.....

Today is payday...and I will need to get my list together and attempt to fill our bare cupboards :) We usually go to Wal*Mart for all of our dry and paper goods, and then a local grocery for our meat and produce. I don't like to be in Wal*Mart any longer than I have to be...so Cory usually comes with me for that trip...He gets the Diapers while I get something else...Tag Team Style. I have been finding lately that the kids are facinated with bathrooms at stores. They have to go every time we are there. I make them go at home so we wont have to stop and use those filthy bathrooms...but still amazingly they have to go! I tell them NO. But Cory thinks that is not a good idea so I get over ruled...and they get to go to "disease city". Yuck. Maybe I will change my mind when there is a puddle on the floor and no change of clothes for my child? Until then...Say NO to public restrooms!

Tomorrow is Esther's Dance recital. A short little number...playing some nursery rhymes. She will look cute though...isn't that really what it is all about at this age...they don't seem to have real skill here. The program is going to be held at the Forum...it is a great place because every seat in the house is a good one. (Cory and I had front row seats for Collin Raye at this place...!!!) Anyways, we went for a rehearsal...and Esther apparently knew exactly where she was supposed to stand, right in the middle. Some girl next to her was obviously in the space that was hers...due to half of the girls not giving her enough room...so Esther was preoccupied with moving this girl out of the way with her feet...the girl was beside herself not knowing how to move down...but Esther kept pushing and pushing with her feet until they had to stop the whole rehearsal to figure it out. When they finally did practice, Esther had her tongue sticking out in concentration...(she gets this from her Father..she really does)...We will be so proud of our Esther...who is smack dab right in the middle for all to see the concentrating tongue performance...Good Luck Essie!

Laundry...it just never ends. Put that on the list of things to do...be done...and to be done at a later time....I just can't seem to get ahead! Isaac comes home from school and changes his clothes right away...Esther will change her clothes at least once a day...and well Gayle cant seem to keep her clothes on...Corys Mom has nicknamed her Miss Tequila Sunrise. You would think that would help the laundry situation...but no it doesn't. Oh well, enough belly aching...time to put a load in...1 down...99 to go! AAHHHH!

Yesterday, the Pastors wife gave me some leftover Better Boy tomato plants...I need to get them in the ground this weekend. I love fresh tomatoes. There is nothing like a toasted tomato sandwich for lunch! I wont have enough for canning this year...but I do so enjoy fresh tomatoes on my salads. I hope to get some additional soil this weekend, because our soil is not rich by any means!

5 comments:

Jemit said...

Another dissatisfied WalMart customer.. hmmm seems to be a trend here.. I can't stand the store because of the distance you have to walk from one area to another.. just too big! I'll go elsewhere unless I'm forced to go there.

Jane said...

My favorite toasted tomato sandwiches:
Plain tomato and butter and salt
Tomatoe and mayo.
Either of of the above with fresh basil leaves.

Rebecca said...

Does this toasted tomato sandwich have the deliciously juicy fruit dusted with a bit of sugar and sandwiched between two toast layers? If so, I agree wholeheartedly. (That is the only tomato sandwich i have ever had...but man are they yummy!)

I can't wait to hear about Esther's dance recital...and hopefully see pictures?!?!

Wendy said...

Rebecca, Yes I will definately post pix when I get them. It was all too cute!
Now about these toasted tomato sandwiches...I have never had them with sugar..but I will try it. Ours we just butter the toast (real butter) and then I put on a little mayo the tomatoes and sprinkle with salt. Sometimes it is really good with Mrs. Dash dill seasoning...Yum! With all of your tomatoes...I am sure you can experiment!

Jthemilker said...

I like them on wheat bread served open faced with salt and pepper. Mmmmm....