Friday, June 23, 2006

HOORAY....IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

The other day I picked out this book at the library by Beverly Lewis...it is called The Preachers Daughter. I read her other series called Abrahms (sp?) Daughters and found it really hard to put down. I will most likely not get a chance to read this for a couple of weeks ...has anyone read it? Was it any good? Don't give anything away though!
Today we will be shopping for things that we need for our trip. I plan to go to the dollar store and buy a number of small items for traveling and wrap them up...it breaks up the trip for the kids, and gives them something to do different. Usually it is like a coloring book or sticker book, a small toy....NOTE to anyone who might try this....DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT give kids dollar store silly putty , especially colored...it never....NEVER comes out, and they ruin their clothes....I tried to scrape it off with a knife...most of it is off, but it really is a lost cause! Anyways...I like to get gifts that they can "use" like little doodle boards...it should be fun!
I also will be doing shopping for the family back home who have had birthdays...It is easier to do that shopping in Pittsburgh as it leaves room for us in our car to pack, move around, etc...plus, I like to shop at the stores back home to see how they have changed! It wont be long before we will have to come back and put a birthday party together for the girls!
My day will be pretty packed. I am doing the last of the laundry...and if I can, I would like to throw the sheets and blankets in before we leave...that way they will be all fresh for when we get back...(this may not happen though :( ) I am planning on taking the kids out for lunch today...mainly because we have no food in the house...we are trying to keep it that way because of our trip...I am going to go grocery shop for lunch tommorrow...we will pack lunchmeat, and whatnot in the cooler and then stop at a rest area and let the kids run around and eat. Mom and Dad are going to bring breakfast for everyone, and we will do the same thing...this way it cuts back on cost...and it is fun too! Later on we will get our suitcases packed, and get our last minute items from Wal*Mart...yep...busy busy busy! But I am looking forward to this trip so much! I guess I had better get busy...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I read that book! It was a LOOONNGG time ago so I don't really remember it VERY well. But I do remember that while it was GOOD, it wasn't NEARLY as good (in my opinion) as the Abram's Daughters series. I have only read the first one though-I don't even know if the second one is out yet.

Once again-I am shocked at your library! I STILL haven't made it to ours. This one car business REALLY stinks.

Leah said...

Wendy,

I've also read the book. I thought it was pretty good. The second one is out but I haven't read it yet. I agree with Rebecca, I liked the Abram's Daughter's series better. At least so far!