Friday, December 29, 2006

HOLIDAY GREETINGS~~

Happy Holidays were had at the Valentines! Christmas was so festive! The kids had a ball doing their annual Christmas shopping at the dollar store. It is interesting to see what they think someone might like...I am still trying to figure out the stuffed animal dog toy that Esther picked out for me...later she said she didn't realize it was a dog toy...I told her that was okay...I still enjoyed her gift. Christmas Eve was spent going to Corys Fathers church for their Christmas Eve service~~Later we came home and made our cookies for Santa, put out our magic reindeer food, and then Cory read the Christmas Story and also The Night Before Christmas...our usual tradition:) It was truly amazing to see the kids scamper off to bed so quickly. Christmas morning came way too quickly for the parents of these children...when we finally got up, we lit our candles, put on our Christmas music, and took some photos. Every year I do a poster board sheet that says "My first Christmas" or "Merry Christmas 2006"...it is so fun to look over the years. I am very jealous of all of you with your digital cameras right now...here I am sitting on 4 or 5 rolls of film...just waiting to be developed...uhhhgg! Soon Enough.
This was one of my Christmas gifts from Cory. The Brethren by Beverly Lewis. This is the 3rd and final book in the series Annies People. I so enjoyed this book. I started it yesterday and finished it yesterday. I read so quickly, and find it so hard to put down a good book. Now I am feeling bad because I couldn't savor it....oh well...I suppose I will be off to the library to feed this hungry beast of mine!
These got sort of out of order...oh well. After we had Christmas at our home, we went to Corys parents to celebrate with them and Corys brother Cliff and his wife Chris. Mom put on quite a spread of Ham and Turkey and all the fixins...I would say the best was the shrimp cocktail however...We LOVE shrimp!!!

Another thing that I am glad to be so thankful for...is that ...many of you know that Cory and I have been trying to be very savvy with our money. Cory saved all of his money from the side jobs that he has been doing, and we were able to pay for our Christmas that way. The kids got some toys, but more importantly some new shoes, coats, and clothes!!! Cory and I actually went to K-mart looking for some pants for Esther, and they were having HUGE sales...60% off of things...We got each of the girls a coat and gloves...A couple of outfits for Isaac...etc... anyways...we spent somewhere around $60 and SAVED $70....we were so excited!!! It will be such a blessing going into the new year right on track...if not a little ahead!!! Hooray for us!!!

I hope that your Christmas was very Merry, and that you were able to spend it with those you care about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long it would take you to post some holiday pictures. Keith said "Be patient, she's stuck in the tub... remember?"

Full of Grace said...

It was nice to see pictures of your Christmas! We also read Twas the Night Before Christmas, on the night before Christmas, however, this was the first year that I forgot to bring my book to my parents house, so I suppose we broke tradition for one time. Happy New Year :)

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous family photo!! It must be so *hard* being so good looking all the time!!! :-)

Your Christmas sounds like it was great and I can't wait to see the photos!!! Maybe a digital will be in your near future-who knows! UNtil then, be thankful for hard copies. It has been SO long since I printed photos out-and even longer since I scrapbooked, so while it APPEARS like I am catching up on the whole scrapbooking race, when it is time to scrapbook ALL the pictures I haven't printed...oh man, will I be in trouble!!!

Can you re-read books like The Brethren? You read so fast it is amazing. But I feel bad for you-just because you can never satiate that greedy beast! It is a curse more than anything! :-)

I have been going nuts at the after-christmas sales too-and getting a few clothes here and there. Mostly toys and gifts for next Christmas. I have to say-you guys are just FABULOUS. Congratulations on paying for Christmas! That is a BIG deal and a BIG accomplishment. You two have good heads on your shoulders and really are wise. Many people could learn A LOT from you. We're proud of you!