Monday, December 11, 2006

THE SHARPIE STRIKES AGAIN......

Yes...the sharpie struck again! This time it was after church, and we were all napping...all but one of us apparently. Cory awakened to find green sharpie on the couch, on our coasters, on a holiday ceramic candle holder...a little on my cedar chest...I just want to stomp my feet and throw a tantrum. I guess I will have to hide them in a much better spot--DRAT!

Today Esther had preschool. I got the kids ready and took them both to school, and then I took Gayle on some errands. After this it was time to pick up Esther at school--we picked her up--came home ate lunch...and I was positively whipped!! I put a Disney video on for the girls (I know...bad Mommy!) and then I napped on the couch for about 2 hours...I was so out of it! When I woke up it was time to get Isaac from school--picked him up--came home and put Gayle down for a nap, and then I went back to sleep until Cory came home....Can you believe this? I pretty much slept the whole day--the really sad part is that I feel SOOOOO tired yet! It was such a disappointment to me--nothing was accomplished! I noticed today when I woke up that my belly looked like it grew a ton just overnight!! People actually commented on it at the school! I wonder if I/the baby seemed to have some sort of growth spurt and I just got wiped out? Whatever it was...I was totally useless today :(

Christmas is right around the corner!!! Cory and I are going to get some stocking stuffers for the kids on Saturday...that's right NO KIDS! Corys Mom is going to have a little Christmas party for them...food, crafts, whatever! It will be so nice for us to have a little alone time. I was telling Cory what I wanted to put in the stockings and told him that just for his information that he was in charge of my stocking...(not that I really care)...but I told him last year he didn't do anything! He said Oh yes I did...I said Oh no you didn't ! The only thing that was in my stocking last year was a foil wrapped Krisp Kringle chocolate bar...and I put it in MYSELF because I bought a 4 pack!! We had a good laugh over this. I remember the kids noticing last year that I didn't have anything in my stocking, and I said I must have been really bad--HA! It is funny...we have been honest about the fact that Santa is not real, and they believe that... but they love to pretend that he is...I suppose that makes it more fun.

Okay...at church on Sabbath I was talking to some of my girlfriends, and mentioned the fact that one of the ladies husbands was very good at inseminating cows, and I thought that was really neat. So I said --I have always wanted to artificially inseminate a cow (yep, I know all about the plastic glove )...they sort of looked at me strangely (and for good reason...it was a strange thing to say)...and I said something along the lines of "The things you would never have guessed about Wendy"...so I would like to know...what sort of things would I never have guessed about you? Just so you know, my roommate in college lived on a farm and she inseminated a cow once, and I always thought that was so cool! Also, at Geneva, I had some air time on the college radio station where I would call her and ask "the cow question of the week.." I miss my roommate and her cow banter :) So be sure to tell me something I never would have guessed about you!

12 comments:

Jane said...

Your comment about not having anything put into your stocking except the candy bar that you put in yourself reminded me of A Christmas long, long ago. I must have been about 3 years old. My father, for a joke put lumps of coal in his stocking. We were always told that if we were bad that we would get lumps of coal in our stockings. I thought it was a horrible mistake. My father had not been bad. I was so upset! I cried and cried.

Jemit said...

OH, that's funny Jane.. I have no remembrance of that at all.. except that he always said we'd get coal if we didn't behave.. hehehe
I should have been able to heat the house for the entire winter with my coal..HA!
Wendy wants to know something she never would have guessed about you.. hmmmmmm
and me? she knows me so well, there probably isn't anything she doesn't know.
I'll give it some thought!

Full of Grace said...

Maybe you knew this about me, maybe you didn't....Two things- I really would have liked to adopt a baby from an orphanage in a destitute country/ and along the same lines, I would have liked to have gotten into some type of Peace Corp program in order to help out people who are less fortunate than I (I don't see how will ever be feasible for two reasons, first and foremost the cost, and second there are so many children in our own country waiting to be adopted)

I would also have liked to be able to "take off" a year and travel from country to country enriching my life with experiences and cultures I haven't been exposed to!

Rebecca said...

OH NO-the sharpie strikes AGAIN?!?! Are you the unluckiest person in the WORLD?!?!

I know what you mean about stockings. Matt has crashed and burned on every stocking since we have been married. The first one-guess what was in it? Kitchen scrub brushes. And that was it. And it WASN'T a joke. He ASSURES me that this year will be fantastic but I am not holding my breath.

As for secret things-I think you must be the only one who wanted to stick your hand up...well, you know. :-) I can't think of anything outrageous...that is for the wendy bird alone. But here is something you might not know related to the above comment. I like to open my stocking more than I like to open presents.

The only other 'secret' thing I have you already know-and NO ONE else knows about it. Which, BTW, has sinec been resolved. WOOHOO! ;-)

Rebecca said...

Oh-and you can bet that I wouldn't write THAT on your blog...

Wendy said...

I better comment here before J.J. does...Yes for Christmas one year JJ wrapped up a lump of coal for me...and it wasn't a joke really--she was just plain mean ! (so there.)

Elizabeth--I definately could believe any of those things about you...at least you got to take your Cyprus trip...that was a very cool thing to do...I imagine that you will get to do some of the things that you wish for...maybe just not in this moment...I wish for things too...and am still hoping:)

Rebecca--Yes I most definately am the unluckiest ever--HA! As to your secret...hmmm...it is so secret I must have forgotten~~Apparently it has been very safe with me :) I did know that about you and the stocking--I knew you would comment on my plight--HA

Jthemilker said...

Do you have even an inkling of an idea of WHY I gave you a lump of coal for Christmas? Remember you told me that you bug Cory relentlessly about what his Christmas gift is for you? Well you did the SAME THING to me. You asked me multiple times every day... hounding me about it... hour after hour... I finally decided that I had had enough already and prided myself in being so crafty. I even had to go out in the cold and dig for that rock! Sorry pal, you deserved it for being such a pest!

As for something that you don't know about me... let me think... Ummm... I once won a straw of frozen semen as a door prize at a Dairy Twilight Meeting. I could have donated to your dream.

Wendy said...

Pray tell JJ --what did you do with your straw of frozen semen???

I admit I could be pesky...but that Christmas will last forever in my mind...because you truly did not have ANY OTHER gift for me...besides the "hard worked for coal"...SHAME ON YOU!

Jthemilker said...

Of course I had Ed breed one of his cows with it. Duh!

Rebecca said...

OKay-I thought of something! But I KNOW you are going to be totally grossed out by it. But hey-those are the fun ones to find out.

Ready...



Matt and I share a toothbrush! HA! We have ever since we have been married. We go through them faster, sure, but we still do it. In fact, we have several in our toothbrush caddy only so people don't freak out or find out our little secret. But we always end up using the same one anyway. :-)

So there. When you are done vomiting, at least you can be assured that you know my deepest secret. I always laugh inside when I talk to married people who won't drink from the same glass. I mean-you kiss, right? What's the diff??? And then I smile to myself knowing they would probably pee their pants if they knew how 'close' matt and I were. hehehehe

Oh-and you previously posted on traditions at Christmastime and as I just started wrapping presents, I just remembered a tradition we do every year. We always write a clue on a folded piece of paper and tape it to the package. Then, we have to guess what it is. It's fun.

Jthemilker said...

Looks like you better start monitoring your comments.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear... Just getting over my family having a stomach virus and me having queasiness, I guess I shouldn't have read Rebecca's comment! Gag, gag...:P

I will have to think of something about me...

Hmmm... Well, I interviewed for a job with the National Football Players Assoc. after graduating high school. Afterward, the president called me at home to say that though I was the top pick, they had to turn me down since I was from a rural area. They had had experience of people coming from rural areas (they are in DC) who up and left after a few months. What a lame reason! Oh, well. If I got that job, I would've never joined the air force and met Dave! :D

Which brings me to my next tidbit. I have qualified on an M-16. Yeah, I really look like I have, don't I? haha! :)

Michelle (who has to post as "anon" status because I signed up for Blogger beta! Grr)