Tuesday, December 19, 2006

THE HOLIDAY SEASON !

For those of you who know me well, you might know that I have always wanted Piano Lessons. They are fairly expensive...so...until I can afford them, I have been trying to teach myself. I have learned several measures of the Canon in D and have been working hard at "Deck the Hall" which I am proud to say I have finally mastered :) I love to tinker at the piano, and am happy for the help that Cory gives when I ask...the kids are showing interest in playing the piano as well. Isaac sat down and played the first part of Jingle Bells...I was impressed that he had an ear for it...he told me he knew how to play it because he watched where I put my fingers....that smarty! Anyways, the kids will most likely to be the first to get lessons, and perhaps I can learn from them :)
This morning I went out to get some stocking stuffers for Corys stocking. I don't have a whole lot to put in, but I guess something is better than nothing. I have so enjoyed everyones holiday decor pix, and wish that I had a digital camera so that I could post my own...we will get one before Elijah joins us...so it is to be in the rather near future I suppose! What sort of things do you put in your stockings? I put in toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, bandaids, a pack of gum, chapstick/lip gloss...you get the idea...pretty much things that you "need" but I give them to everyone as gifts...boring maybe, but the kids always love seeing what character are on their band-aids, and they seem to last until the next year :) I need some good men ideas...low cost.
This morning after I did some stocking stuffer shopping...I took the girls to McDonalds to play at the play land. I got myself a cup of coffee, and just enjoyed watching them have a good time...of course nobody was there, because it was breakfast time--in my opinion that seems to be the best time to come! We stayed for over two hours!!!! It has been really rainy and cold here the past few days, and the girls don't get out as much as they used to. It was really nice to just let them get a little exercise with out having to stand outside myself :) Plus--that cup of coffee was such a treat for me...extra cream...and sitting by myself...we will definately do this again:)

Hope everyone is having a great week! Please pray for my sister-in-law who is due any day now...along with my cousin who is awaiting her own baby at this moment!! This Christmas holiday is sure to be busy for them! Thanks to all who sent us Christmas Cards...I so enjoy receiving snail mail! It is a goal of mine to do Christmas Cards...but it wont be this year...this year was buying gifts and not waiting till the last minute!! I have to take baby steps you see :) I hope to update my blog before Christmas, but if I can't ---do have a joyous holiday!!!

4 comments:

Full of Grace said...

We always put necessity items in our stockings too, razors, toothbrushes, etc, but we also mix it up a bit by adding a little bit of candy (hence the toothbrush) and a few little fun things here and there. Usually Bob fills my stocking but he says that he isn't going to this year, because my gift is bigger and better than a silly stocking. Samuel picked something out to put in my stocking (and I cheated and bought myself a few things so that it wouldn't be empty on Christmas morning) Hope your holiday's are going well and hope to see you on Sunday (we are going to CCRPC since most all of my family will be in town to celebrate Christmas together! Take Care!

Rebecca said...

Yay! An update!

I don't think Matt will read this...

Every year I include typical things like you. Toothbrushes for everyone. ( I LOVE the bandaid idea! Santa might be stealing that one!)

For Matt: shave gel, nail clippers, and chapstick (since we are addicted!). I also usually include favorite snacks like beef jerky, and favorite candy. And then I get a few gifts for him that I put in there. Any gift that fits in the stocking is a stocking stuffer. (Needless to say-the cost can add up, but I totally go overboard with stockings!) I got him a calculator (since we don't have one and he has needed one...), a knit hat that he likes, the card game ROOK (ever played that?), and sometimes boxers or socks-not this year though.

The kids are just whatever I see that would fit and are cheap.

I have like two rattles for Andrew, sippy cup and bibs.

For Corynn-I got her playdough with a Dora stamp, beads, hair barettes, animal crackers, an M&M candycane, and a baseball cap.

Anonymous said...

Isaac has an entire band playing in his head... One day he will likely be a musical genius!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the good ideas everyone!! I have a few more items to buy stocking wise, and then I will take the kids out to buy for each other and family members :) I will be glad to see you on Sabbath Day Elizabeth...and glad to hear that your family will be visiting...it always seems so sad to me to go to church and have it seem so empty...especially on Christmas.

JJ--Yes, I do believe you are right -Isaac is conducting some sort of band in his head--HA!