Thursday, February 15, 2007

BRRRR........ITS COLD!

I know it has been a while since I posted last...but I have been busy...and tired. While our family does not "get sick" very easily...Isaac seems to have caught a bad cough. This is about the extent of our sicknesses usually...(thank goodness). Anyhow...Isaacs lungs were clear...but he always seems to have a hard time making his coughs productive...so we all stay awake all night listening to his hacking. I took him to the walk-in to get him checked out...like I said his lungs were clear, but they decided to order us a nebulizer which we now own. The nebulizer made his cough VERY productive, but I still gave him a suppressant as well to slow him down. He is back to school and doing well. We will try to make it to church this week. Last week, I was going to stay home with Isaac so he didn't infect everybody else...but when I woke up, Cory had 15 min to get himself and the girls ready...I told him...there is just NO way you will make it...so we all stayed home.
Today I had the pleasure of staying home in our nice cozy house while Corys Dad took Isaac to school. It is freezing here! I made a list of jobs I wanted to accomplish, and set about doing them right away. Esther was a HUGE help. For Christmas I bought the girls a baking set that came with red and white gingham aprons for each. Whenever we do work around the house, Esther puts her apron on and she knows that it is time to get our hands dirty. I have to say...it has been such a great motivator...just putting it on...and she KNOWS what comes next...and says ...where do we start? I think I might get myself an apron too so that we can be "brainwashed" together...it's kind of fun! Anyways...we got almost everything done on the list. I ran out of steam and had to take a break...but I felt really good about all that I managed to accomplish...YEAH FOR ME....AND ESTHER TOO!
I had my Drs. appt this last week. It seems that I did not "hear" the nurse correctly when they told me my total weight gain. Last week I could have sworn she said 10#...so when I asked this week, what was the total gain...she said 15#...my jaw dropped...and so did Corys...and he said.."you really porked out this week"...and the nurse looked horrified that he would say something like that...but I assured her that YES...I thought the very same thing...5# in two weeks??????? She said NO...you were 13# last time....10....13....how could I have heard that wrong?...Oh well...the baby seems to be doing well...I did not get my sugar test done because of Isaac, but I didn't spill any in my urine either. In about two and 1/2 weeks I will have my first internal, my strep test, and another 4D ultra sound....I love those! I know that the pregnancy ticker up top says that I have 6 weeks to go....I would not believe that if I were you...I would say more like 4 weeks or just a little over that...and I think that the weight they are quoting for the baby is at least a pound off...the time is soon...and I can't wait!!!
Happy Belated Valentines Day!!! Cory and I woke up and I said..."Sooooo, What did you get me? He said....AHHHH, what did you get me?...I said...I will give it to you as soon as I get mine...He said I think that you will be waiting as long as I will....HA. Needless to say...we did not buy gifts or celebrate in any way...the kids are having Valentines Parties at school...and well...we have been together for 12 years...8 of them married...I suppose we pick our priorities. I would rather spend the money on something I need like Nursing Bras...or Something he needs like Dress Pants...I am always up for going out for supper...but we have other obligations for our money I suppose :) All in all...don't feel bad for us all you romantics at heart...we didn't even bat an eye. I hope all of you had a fabulous Valentines with your spouses and loved ones!

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

I would think since you wake up next to a "Valentine" every day... why would you need an extra one just because they named a holiday after him? Ha!

Full of Grace said...

Double HA! :) I loved your sister's comment :)

Anyhow, now that you are getting down to the mark on time, I was glad to see your new post. I always start wondering when it becomes close to time, if someone (namely YOU this time) is in labor, or had a new baby :)

Sorry Isaac has been sick! I hope he feels better really soon!

How much snow did you get? We got a little over 10 inches ourselves, which really does make for a cold day, but the kids have been just loving every minute of it! :)

Anyhow, glad to hear about you, and Happy Belated Valentine's Day!!! :)