Friday, November 06, 2009

FOTO FRIDAY ~DRESS UP~

When I think of "Dress-Up....I think girly. I think dresses and make-up...not exactly costumes. I remember as a girl wanting to wear make-up and dying to wear "high heeled shoes"...and when I did...I was in my element. I love dressing up...while I dont seem to very often...it seems only on rare occasions....I love the way it makes me feel:)
These top two are not my Foto Friday pics...because I did not take them...but they are very special to me. These are my girls, Esther and Gayle, and while I dont let them wear make-up on a regular basis...this was an exception...we were getting a family picture taken, and we wanted to look our best...and Gayle even wore high heeled shoes:) So just for a moment...my kids feel like I did when I was young, and wanted to wear things that made me feel like I was "bigger"....I like that feeling and so do my girls...but today at school....there is no make-up...just ponytails :)
~ESTHER~
This was a very special day for Esther. This was the "Me and My Valentine Dance" at school. She came home and asked her Father to be her date, and ran to her closet to pick out the dress she would wear. It was a rather worn dress, with a small hole under the arm. On that day, I did her hair and her make-up ...and then she put on her dress. Cory came in with a big package all wrapped up and she opened it up and it was a beautiful red and black gown...with sparkly black shoes! She was so proud of how she looked..and Cory even got her a wrist corsage. Now...I am not telling this story to say how wonderful my husband is...although he is. I am telling this part only because it is important for Fathers to show their daughters that they are beautiful...important...worthy...LOVED! Someday they are going to grow up...and the person that they marry should be someone who thinks those same things. I wouldnt mind at all if my daughter married someone exactly like her father....
So...For me "dress up" is also a feeling....feeling good about yourself...and sometimes making your daughters feel glamourous...even if they are 7 and 5 :)

My friend from http://zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com is hosting this fun FOTO FRIDAY challenge. JOIN US! Click on her link to find out next Fridays challenge!!!

9 comments:

Jemit said...

Nobody dresses up quite like my 'funny Valentines'.. and they do it with class.

Peggy said...

I absolutely love these! What you husband did for you daughter was so incredibly precious!

Tracy said...

What a pretty little girl. It sounds as though she has a wonderful daddy too!

Bonnie said...

The pictures are so precious, but the story behind them REALLY makes it beautiful!

hillary@dark :: light said...

You are so sweet, Wendy! These photos are precious! You and your girls are beautiful!

Unknown said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! :)

Rebecca said...

I agree with you Wendy~ to me dressing up is more about feeling beautiful than being in costume. I tried and tried (and tried and tried) to get a picture of myself with an updo with the focus on some big dangly sparkly earrings. But either my earrings weren't big enough or my arms weren't long enough-it didn't work. At all.

Esther looks beautiful. I love that her Daddy spoiled her. (You are so right about her needed to learn what to look for in a husband through him.)

Remember when Esther was a baby I always used to say "Awww.. She looks JUST like a precious moments doll!" ?!? Well, that last picture takes me back to those days~because she does!

Paula said...

fun fun fun!! and VERY girly indeed!!!

Full of Grace said...

I love dressing up too so it completely made sense seeing your challenge :) Esther, you looked so pretty, and so much older! :) Great Job Wendy!