Hi everyone...the following is an email I got from the editor of Above Rubies, a magazine that I recieve. I copied and pasted and it looks a little jumbled, but I thought it was full of some good info. Near the bottom she gives some info on the dangers of the H1N1 vaccine. I am not advocating for anyone but my own family, and am not interested in anyones opinion but my own...so with that said, if you hold my same viewpoint then enjoy the read...if you dont...vent somewhere else...thanks and stay healthy!
BEAT THE FLU THIS WINTER!
Dear friends,As we approach flu season, it is good to be reminded of ways to prevent it. There are better ways to prevent the flu than being vaccinated. Check out the following points to keep yourself and your family in good health during this winter season.
1. AVOID ALL SUGARThis means to not only refrain from sugar, but all foods containing sugar, which are most foods on the shelves of the supermarket. Read labels very carefully. In fact, when you read the labels first, will find that you will have to put most foods back on the shelf. Sugar makes a perfect environment for viruses. Sugar completely destroys your immune system. It destroys the germ-killing ability of white bloods cells to kill bacteria and viruses up to five hours after intake. It interferes with the transport of vitamin C which is needed to fight the flu and robs the body of nutrients such as zinc that are vital for the immune function. Sugar affects everyone, but has more serious consequences for children. Keep your children away from all sugar and especially when flu viruses are around. That means at Christmas time too!Also, please reduce carbs as they turn to sugar in your body. Especially eliminate all whites--not only white sugar, but white flour, white pasta and white rice. Completely eradicate pop and sweet teas. I refuse to have sugar in my pantry.
2. BUILD UP YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEMThe stronger your immune system, the less likelihood of getting the flu or any disease. Here are some ideas for building up your immune system for you and your children. You can do what suits you best--or do them all!My daughter, Serene, who has eight children, gives herself and the children the following once a day or more as needed.COLD AND FLU FIGHTER½ cup chopped onionA whole bulb of chopped garlic2 TBS chopped fresh ginger root1 chopped jalapeñoPut all ingredients in a quart jar, cover with raw vinegar and let sit 4 - 6 weeks. Strain out vegetables and use 2 TBS. or more each day. If you do get a cold or the flu, take every hour. Serene gives her children 1 TBS. each day as a preventative.VITAMIN C 1, 000 mg morning and evening GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACTGive children three drops in water once a week. If you notice any signs of flu or colds in the family, give three drops in water once a day. Adults should take 10 - 15 drops in water at the slightest sign of a cold or flu. You can obtain this extract at a health food shop. TODDLER MIXTo make it easier for toddlers to take these vitamins, mix the following:1 TBS. or more of yogurt (no sugar added)Crushed Vitamin C tablet, smaller dosage for toddlerJuice of ½ orange2 drops Grapefruit Seed ExtractStevia for sweeteningMix together and give to toddler as needed.VITAMIN D31,000 mg each morning to children1,000 each morning and evening for adults. Most adults need much more than this. The consensus is that anything up to 5,000 mg a day is safe and beneficial for most people. After a hydroxyl test, most people find they need more than this. The optimum levels for the body are 60 - 90 ml. Vitamin D builds the immune system and also fights cancer. COCONUT OILThis is a marvelous food that builds up the body's own natural defenses against viral infections, disease and cancer. Take as much as you can each day. You can't take too much. Use the Extra Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil for medicinal use. Put 1 TBS. or more in your smoothies. Use it for all your cooking instead of other oils. You can use Expeller Pressed for cooking. If there are any signs of flu in even one of the children, Serene gets her children to take a banana and dip it into coconut oil (about 2 TBS coconut oil). This is an easy way for the children to eat it. You can also get the children to put the coconut oil behind their ears and massage it into their lymph glands and also in their nose. Use coconut way every way you can. Use it for all cooking instead of other oils. To try some delectable recipes with Coconut Butter (it is called butter when it is cold and goes hard, and oil when it is soft in the summer or heated) you can order COCONUT RECIPES by Serene Allison from the Above Rubies website: www.aboverubies.org RED PALM OILThis is another super oil. I only use Coconut oil or Red Palm oil for cooking in our home. Every other oil turns to Trans fat when it is heated. Not only are these safe oils to cook with, but they add many nutrients to your body. Both Coconut oil and Red Palm oil strengthen the immune system.You can put a little Red Palm oil in your smoothies. My husband spreads it on his bread, but I have to admit, I cannot take it that way. But use it as much as you can in your cooking. The following is a smoothie recipe to try:Ginger Sunrise2 fresh oranges2 lemons, peeled with knife, removing yellow rind, but keeping the white pith1 - 2 bananas (great for children, eliminate for adults as fattening)2 TBS. Red Palm Oil1 large handful of flax seeds or chia seeds2 TBS. Coconut oil2 chunks fresh raw ginger (about 1")Sweetening - Stevia Ice cubesBlend very well in Vita Mix or good blender until smooth. TO ORDER COCONUT OIL AND RED PALM OIL:Also www.TheHomeGrownFamily.comCharity Callis, Toll Free: 1 877 841 2861Go to http://www.rainforestcoconutoil.com/ and check out their website.Email: email@example.com
Toll Free: 877-558-5518To find out more about these immune boosting oils, check out THE PALM OIL MIRACLE and THE COCONUT OIL MIRACLE by Bruce Fife.
3. SLEEPThere is nothing like lack of sleep to run down your immune system. Sleep and a healthy diet are your best preventatives against the flu and colds. Make sure you have adequate sleep, especially during flu season. Try to get to bed early.
I grew up with the old wives' tale that the hours of sleep before midnight are the most beneficial. Science has now proved this adage, although I must admit I have broken the rule most of my life. I am now trying to go to bed earlier. The plan is to go to bed no later than 10.00 pm--9.00 pm is even better.
Staying up much later than 10.00 pm causes your adrenal glands to make cortisol. This is taxing on the adrenal gland and can lead to adrenal fatigue. Does this sound too hard? It is actually better for your health, and you will accomplish just as much by getting up earlier in the morning. And remember, I am preaching to myself!
4. OTHER PREVENTATIVESI have a friend who uses the following for her family. The taste is wonderful.ELDERBERRY COLD AND FLU FIGHTER SYRUP½ cup elderberries (check the Internet for dried elderberries)4 cloves1 cinnamon stick1 TBS grated fresh root ginger2 cups waterBring to a boil and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes. Add ½ cup honey. Store in refrigerator. Take 2 TBS. each day to prevent colds and flu. If you have the flu, take every hour. This recipe only keeps two weeks in the fridge so you will need to make a fresh batch every two weeks.CHOPPED GARLICAny easy fighter is to chop up 1 or 2 garlic cloves very, very finely. Pop in your mouth and swallow before you have a chance to taste the flavor or imbibe the smell. This is an easy and wonderful way to fight the flu. I find this simple and effective. THIEVES OILMany folk use the following Natural Antibiotic Recipe using Young Living Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils. Here is the recipe from Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils, compiled by Connie and Alan Higley, 10th edition. 12 drops Thieves Oil6 drops Oregano Oil2 drops Frankincense Oil Put drops in a "00" size capsule and ingest one capsule every 4 hours for 3 days, then every 8 hours for 4 days. To purchase oils, go to Amazon.com BURIED TREASURE - ACF (Acute Cold and Flu Formula) This is highly effective for fighting colds. You can purchase it as your local health food store or online. Our daughter, Pearl, always has it on hand for use at the first sign of a sniffle.HORSERADISHHorseradish root is a powerful antibiotic and useful for fighting the flu, as well as urinary tract infections and even cancer. I have just harvested the roots from m y garden and am getting ready to prepare it as a sauce and to use in other recipes. Check the Internet for all kinds of wonderful recipes.Prepare the following to use as needed. Slice or chunk the horseradish root, place in blender and grind, adding small amounts of vinegar for a good consistency, about 1 TBS vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar) to 1 cup horseradish. The vinegar preserves the horseradish and enhances the flavor. Vinegar stops the heat-building enzyme activity that grinding causes. If you want hotter horseradish, wait before adding the vinegar. Adding the vinegar right away will make the horseradish milder.Horseradish will take your breath away, bring tears to your eyes, but at the same time clear all your sinuses, help ward off the flu and make you feel great! You can add 1 TBS. of horseradish to your coleslaw or even to your meat loaf you are preparing. CUT AN ONIONThis is another old wives' tale that I grew up with, but I still do it and believe it works. If someone gets a cold or flu in the house, I cut an onion in half and put it in a strategic place. Supposedly the germs go to the onion. If my husband has a sniffle, I cut an onion and put half by his side of the bed and half by my side of the bed. He complains of the smell but puts up with it!HYDROGEN PEROXIDEA lot of germs come through the ears. As a preventative, pour a little Hydrogen Peroxide in the ear. I love to feel it bubbling in my ear. Do it once a week (perhaps on the weekend), one night in one ear and the next night in the other. I find it easier to do it this way as the peroxide doesn't run out from one ear when pouring it in the other ear. THYM-UVOCALAn herb which strengthens the immune system and fights off infections. Check the Internet for purchase. Adults only.
5. WASH HANDS FREQUENTLYWash your hands frequently throughout the day, especially before eating. Wash under running water for 20 seconds or sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY while washing. It is most important to train your children to do this.
6. DO NOT TOUCH EYES, NOSE OR MOUTHI find myself doing this and am having to get into the habit of not rubbing my eyes, mouth or nose. Teach your children about this also.
7. NETI POTCheck the Internet for a Neti Pot to clear nose and sinuses.
8. AVOID FLU VACCINATIONS, ESPECIALLY THE H1N1 SWINE FLU VACCINATION The H1N1 vaccination has many dangers. Check out more information before allowing yourself and your family to become a victim to these shots.SqualeneThe Swine Flu Vaccine, unlike other flu vaccines, contains squalene, an additive which when introduced into the bloodstream, causes crippling auto-immune diseases like Lou Gehrig's disease, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, polyarteritis nodosa, and Guillain-Barre syndrome. Squalene in vaccines has been strongly connected to the Gulf War Syndrome. The H1N1 vaccine contains 1 million times more squalene than the vaccine given to Gulf War soldiers (which resulted in 140,000 veterans contracting the auto-immune disease Gulf War Syndrome). The use of squalene is illegal in the USA and UK but is being allowed under the emergency pandemic decree. Dr. Russell Blaylock states, "If you receive the vaccine, there is little you can do to protect yourself--at least by conventional medicine. It will mean a lifetime of crippling illness and early death." The US government has given vaccine manufacturers (Novartis, Baxter, Glaxo-Smithkline, CSL) complete legal immunity from any deaths or injuries resulting from their vaccines.If you are interested you could check out some of the following sites which are listed below.Blessings from NANCY CAMPBELLwww.aboverubies.orgAbove Rubies is a magazine to bring strength and encouragement to marriage, motherhood and family life. Internet sites to check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8riAeGh48U http://www.naturalnews.com/027222_swine_flu_flu_vaccine_swine_flu_vaccine.html http://www.medicalvoices.org/en/vaccination/articles/what-they-dont-tell-you-about-vaccination-dangers-can-kill-you-or-ruin-your-life.html http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/01/Swine-Flu-Shot-Linked-to-Killer-Nerve-Disease.aspx http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/h1n1-swine-flu.aspx
http://swineflu.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/08/Another-Shocking-Warning-About-Swine-Flu-Vaccine.aspx http://www.medicalvoices.org/en/vaccination/articles/swine-flu-and-the-swine-flu-vaccine.html http://www.medicalvoices.org/en/vaccination/articles/flu-vaccine-exposed.html http://www.without-consent.com/ http://www.openureyes.org.nz/blog/?q=node/2280 http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14851 http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/24/CBS-Reveals-that-Swine-Flu-Cases-Seriously-Overestimated.aspx http://www.nvic.org http://vran.org http://www.PandemicFluOnline.com http://www.vaclib.org http://www.mercola.com