Monday, January 04, 2010

Welcome 2010...

~Welcome 2010~
What a year 2009 was! My most memorable time was Ashers birth for sure! I was SO surprised to have him come so early...and felt SO VERY blessed that God would give me a 5th child. I still reflect on it all even now. I wonder what 2010 has in store for our family....I definately know that I have some things that I would like to change for the New Year! One is that I would like to hear Cory play the piano more...it really relaxes him, and he works so hard. The kids really enjoy hearing it too. Esther has started taking lessons, and plays small duets with her Daddy...I am sure she will teach me a thing or two!
I know that it has only been 5 months since I gave birth to Asher...but I am feeling sluggish, and carrying extra baggage...finding time for myself to work on this area will be tricky...but I will find it!
The last one but certainly not least is setting myself up for success. This is going to become more or less of a motto for me this year. I am trying to engrain it into the kids too...have your things ready the night before...clothes laid out (with shoes!)...library books in bags...snacks packed...shower the night before! So far so good...this has always sort of been how we have done it...but now just with a little more discipline. It is a tool for them growing up too. Someday I wont be here to do it for them...they need to take it on for themselves and they do. People always say to me that I must be so organized because of all the kids...HA...anyone who knows me knows that is not true...BUT I think that the little things like these are musts for big families, and that is how I can manage...not perfectly mind you...just easier. I have been trying to think of ways to make life easier...Saturday I would like to have all of my cooking ready or done for Sunday...all my shopping done Friday or Saturday...its a work in progress...ALWAYS a work in progress! You can always get better...that is the fun of it!
I made my first lemon meringue pie this last year...and wondered why I didnt do it before? hmmm....more in store for 2010 for sure! Hope you have some good goals set for yourselves...goals dont have to be just for the new year...you should always be striving for something! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

great goals! I love the setting us up for success one. I think this is SO true and I need to work on it more. It's funny-when I DO set myself up to succeed, I notice how smoothly things go. So WHY do I ever NOT try to get things in order first?

because I am L.A.Z.Y

I pray the Lord will richly bless you this coming year. And yes-a visit is in order. Toot sweet!