Tuesday, May 11, 2010

COACH V.

Im not quite sure how it happened...how someone missed this 6 foot 1 large guy standing 6 feet in front of them...but they did...well I guess they *didnt* miss him...they got him good! Yesterday Cory got hit in the back of the head by a baseball thrown by one of his players. He kept complaining that his head hurt...so I said...you need to go get that checked out. He said... I dont want to wait in the ER forever...I said...what would you tell one of your players in this situation?...he said thats different...I said...just answer the question...he said I would tell them to go get it checked out...I smiled my sneaky Im right smile :-) He still didnt go :-( ......until evening, when he felt like he couldnt find his words easily...he had to tell himself which buttons to push on his cell...no...not until he started getting loopy did he go to the ER! So we stayed for 4 or 5 hours and didnt get home until after 1:30....He got his head checked...they found nothing..(exactly as I suspected..hehehe) he got a shot of Fentinol for the pain, and they told him he had a small concussion. One funny thing...(well....at least to me)...he was drifting off somewhere between sleep and reality...and I said "What?" and he woke up and said what? I started laughing and said...you just asked me for Turkey and Gravy! He said I did not...I argued and laughed and laughed and said ...youre gonna have to tell the doc about this! He was convinced that he didnt say it...I said it is so ironic...you are talking incoherent, but are so convinced youre not...so when the Doc came in he told her, and I laughed and laughed, and told them it was a joke, he thought it was funny but was a little embarassed...he was like...whats wrong with you?...it was funny...trust me. (it was!) So Cory got a little slip that said...hey take two days off of work for that egg on top of your dome...but no...he went to work...whats wrong with HIM? He is okay though in case anyone thinks I am harsh...I just have to tease :-)

1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

Tell Cory I hope he is better really soon! That had to be a little scary, him being incoherent and all...Miss ya Wendy...