Monday, May 17, 2010

My Drummer Boy

Isaac...the boy NEVER practices...ever. I told him...you just wait until the concert and everyone will know...you'll see...I don't know why I didn't really push him to practice...maybe because I didn't want to hear the banging...or perhaps because we actually pay for Esther to take piano, and well, if he wants to play an instrument at school--he needs to be responsible...whatever...anyhow...I just assumed that he wouldnt have a clue.
Imagine my surprise when it actually *sounded* like it should! I really couldn't believe it..."Hey thats MY son up there...haha! " I kept looking to see if some other kid was playing the snare drum...nope...thats my boy...and when he was finished...I told him...all of that not practicing paid off...I was kidding of course...but imagine what you could do if you *practiced*!
Not to take away from Isaacs moment...but Esther is doing so well at Piano...Im so proud of her. She has surpassed me in all that I know...which is not much...(no snide remarks!) I always wished that I could play...and am glad that she will have that chance. Meanwhile, I have been able to teach myself playing in chords, and that is very rewarding...instead of me playing Christmas carols for the kids I think it will be Esther this year :-)Posted by Picasa

No comments: