Wednesday, August 09, 2006

GOOD MORNING, AFTERNOON, WHATEVER...

Today is Wednesday, and Cory is at a workshop. I am home with the kiddos and have not accomplished very much sadly--and yet here I sit blogging...HA. Cory has been going to Football Camp this week. He leaves before supper and comes back around 9:00 or after. This is just a sampling of what is to come for football season!
School is just around the corner and I am feeling bittersweet. While I dont want the kids to leave me, I do crave the routine that it brings. Somehow summertime for me doesnt allow for such routine, at least not as rigid. We are forever somewhere else besides our own home...and are working at someone elses home besides our own...We have been thinking about "scheduling " some time at home so that we can accomplish some goals that we made before summer started...I hope we can.
Yesterday, I went to check on our tomato plants to find that we had tomatoes!!!! There was one plant that I had just about given up on, it looked incredibly sickly...it had the largest one...what do you know! Esther has been helping water them since she helped plant them...she is feeling very proud of her efforts....now only if she LIKED tomatoes it would really be a treat!
I hope everyone has a great day...I am hoping to make a dent in the laundry today...no real huge goals...just the laundry today...and a little picking up. Enjoy the Sunshine.

1 comment:

Jemit said...

Charlie says the corn is about ready.. small ears. He brought me green beans a week or so ago, and zucchinis... and yesterday a bag of tomatoes and fresh dug new potatoes.....oh, so good.
Good for Essie helping to make the plants grow! I'm glad she likes to take an active part even if she doesn't like the tomatoes.. hehehe