Wednesday, August 30, 2006

WHATS IN A NAME?

Well, Cory and I have been wracking our brain trying to come up with some good baby names. It has been difficult. Any that I say he comes up with the heckling nickname. For instance Martin is nice...Corys response Fartin Martin...Marty? Farty Marty. On and on it goes. Anyways here is a list of some winners....perhaps. Tell us what you think.

For a girl:
1.) Gracelynn Jane Valentine (named after my moms middle name Grace, and Corys Moms middle name Lynn. Jane is for my Aunt Jane.) We most likely would call her Gracie. This was actually supposed to be Isaacs name if he were a girl...but the middle name would have been Gayle...

2.)Miriam Jennelle Valentine (not named after anyone in particular. we are not sure how we would spell Jennelle yet...maybe just one n.)

3.)Ruth Julianna Valentine ( not named after anyone in particular. )

For a Boy:
1.) Elijah Joshua Valentine (we would probably call him Eli)
2.) Micah James Valentine (I dont really like this one...Cory does) He would want to call him Mick...(I dont think so)
3.) Mitchell James ( I really like the name Mitchell....but it would be hard to get used to Mitch)
(Oh, the James would be after Corys Dad.)

9 comments:

Jthemilker said...

For what it's worth...

I pick:

Gracelynn Jane

and

Micah James

but what about...

Alexis ? -- Lexy Valentine... Oh ok Sexy Lexy... is that so bad? LOL

I also like Abigail and Olivia...

Anonymous said...

I definitely like Farty Marty!! Hey guys...it was so nice to talk to you two earlier and now I can say I am a little wiser. I know what a blog is now. Congrats on the baby thing. I hope to see you both soon. And hello to all other Valentines and Blairs that see this. Love you all.
Spark & Heidi

Jemit said...

Hey !! Sparky.. nice to see you on the blog.. how do you do, Mrs Sparky.. glad to meet you.

Well, as far as the names go, I love the name Gracelynn, and not because it's my middle name.. but it's got a flow to it. And the Jane fits the "J" profile thing.

For a boy, my vote goes either to Micah or Elijah.. Who says you have to call him Mick or Mickey? I think, like our David who goes by David.. and Daniel who goes by Daniel, Micah should stay Micha.. or is it Michah? Whatever.. and the James is my vote too.. love it,and it's his grandpa's name..
You need more votes!

Sandi S. said...

I personally love both number one choices for boy and girl. Gracelynn is so adorable and I have always liked Elijah - although Micah is nice too.

For a girl - have you considered EMILY or VICTORIA or OLIVIA?? All are such nice old-fashioned names! They were our top 3 choices for girls if we had any - but alas weren't blessed - so feel free to use any of them! (smile)

Anyway - congratulations and good luck choosing the name. At least you have plenty of time!

Rebecca said...

You guys have always had great taste in names and I look forward to hearing the winning name-and meeting the little one who gets it! :-)

Rebecca said...

You guys have always had great taste in names and I look forward to hearing the winning name-and meeting the little one who gets it! :-)

Jthemilker said...

HEY - how about "ETHEL" :)

Jemit said...

Though I'm not particularly fond of Olivia or Victoria, I am partial to Abigail or Emily.. No, no Ethel please.
I heard from the kids that Paul and Amy are thinking about naming their little girl something Christmassy.. I'd love Natalie.. We'll just have to wait and see..

Wendy said...

Thanks for voting on the names...and adding your own favorites to the list...HA...I liked all of them but Ethel...I actually thought of naming Esther Annabelle Gayle one time...but of course it would have messed up the "J" trend. Are Paul and Amy keeping the name a secret? Maybe it is Noel...Christmassy huh? I suppose that would be entirely appropriate ! I cant wait to meet their new baby.--I can't wait to meet my own! Sandi is right, we have plenty of time before we have to come up with a name, but I would like to have the kids look forward to a sister or brother calling them by name, rather than "baby"...I just can't wait!