Thursday, August 31, 2006

THURSDAY....GOOD MORNING !

No, this is not an actual picture of our property. Some know that after the flood, the creek that used to run beside our neighbors home now runs directly through their backyard beside our garage. We had a thunderstorm that dropped two inches apparently, and their ENTIRE yard filled with water...yikes! We took everything that we could upstairs to Isaacs room and left for Mom and Dads. The storm subsided and the water went down. This weekend will be a different story however. If people have trouble with flooding in their homes, then I imagine we will be in trouble too. I think that our garage will get hit very hard...possibly the house. I dont think it will get to our first floor, but we of course have one of those old stone and dirt basements which the foundation could get pushed off...and oh what a mess that would be! So continue to think of us and pray. FEMA is coming today to talk to the neighbor on the far side, and will make their way to talk to us...the creek needs re-routing, and they perhaps will put some pressure on the folks that need to make that happen . We shall see.
Isn't this Little Red School House lovely? I really like Robert Duncan paintings, but I think I might add this to the mix...You just can't imagine how many red school house prints there are! I think they are so quaint...I also love to read books that have the one room school house too :-) But that is not why I have it posted it...it is because school starts on Tuesday for Cory, and Wednesday for I-man. I know I wont get any sympathy having had him all summer long unlike the rest of working families, but I truly will miss him. Both hims. I have one more trip to Corys classroom to make to put finishing touches on...apparently he thought it needed his Yankee Baseball flag, and Terrible Towel on the wall...he was sneaky to do it when I wasn't there! It is as if he thinks this classroom belongs to him!
Have you ever tried Constant Comment Tea? It is my favorite! I drink a cup of this tea every morning. I really enjoy coffee, but don't want to make a pot for just myself...plus, I dont want to have the habit of needing it everyday. I don't feel like I have to have my tea every day, it just makes the morning seem a little brighter and warmer :) This tea is sort of an orange spice kind of tea...really yummy. Try some today!

No comments: