Friday, August 25, 2006

IM STILL HERE...THANKS.

There are some who have been asking when I would blog again...if ever...the answer is today...Ha! You see, I have been hard at work growing arms and legs, and ears on my baby...what have you been doing? Hmmmm. HA!
Well, I only said that to bring up a point I wanted to make, and that is that I am very proud of my Mom. My Mom is an R.N. and works at a rheumatologist office giving remicades...and IV drug for those with arthritis. Anyways...Mom saved one of the elderly patients life yesterday. She noticed that she wasn't walking very steady, and asked her about it...she said she was feeling dizzy...so Mom asked her what other symptoms she was having and immediately checked her pulse, which she had none. She was very quick to act, and listened to her heart which beat so rapidly that she couldn't count it. This poor lady was 78 years old, and had been having symptoms since Monday! Mom was on the ball, and was a credit to the staff there. I always knew she was an excellent nurse/care giver~ but I was so proud of her for being so intuitive. Mom talks about it like it is another day at the office, but really ...who can say that they saved a life yesterday? Good Job Mom, I am proud of you.
School starts back very soon and my kids are antsy. They are simply beside themselves to go join in the fun. Today we revealed Isaacs teacher and classmates to him and he was so excited! Esther is equally excited because she is the "snack girl" on the first day of school...which means I am the Snack Mom who stays and helps out in the class. Cory and I have been working in his classroom. He is teaching 3rd grade this year at a different school in the same district. He is so excited and happy about where he is. He got his list of students, and I created his bulletin board for him, and we are just putting finishing touches on the room itself. Isaac and Esther are going to start soccer pretty soon. We checked out gymnastics for them, and well we cant afford it. It was really cool however, they do the parrallel bars, pummel horse and everything, but it was way too much for both kids to join...even one. So soccer it is!
Pregnancy is going good. I really dont feel pregnant like I did with the others. Odd. My pants are getting tighter...blast! But I am not big enough for Maternity clothes just yet...drat! All in good time however. I was just reminding Cory of how when I was pregnant with Isaac I was sooo huge, and I got stuck in the tub on all fours somehow, and could not get out...I said it was like a stuck rhinoceros..he laughed, but I didn't say it to be funny...he had to lift me out of the tub, it was really embarrassing. Oh well...enough of that.
Hope everyone is having a good week. Is anyone else craving Peaches?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's good to see you back again! I missed your frequent updates so much!

Sounds like you got to do one of the best parts of teaching-decorating the room! I am going to homeschool but I STILL decorated the basement a bit in 'schoolish' type stuff-just because I think it is fun! :-)

I need to email you....I probably will tomorrow. I have a favor... :-)

Rebecca said...

Do you still have my email address? If so-would you email me. We don't have yours saved...thanks!

Jemit said...

thanks for the pat on the back.. my face is red.
Sooner than you think you will need the maternity clothes.. how fun!
I take it the kids had a great 1st day of school?? by the sounds of the phone call???
have a good day and glad you are back to blogging too

Wendy said...

School starts for kids in PA...New York starts later...Remember you guys get out around June 6th, we get out around June 23...yikes!