Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A DAY OF THE BLAHS ...

Today, like I say ...is a day of the BLAHS. I am feeling very down and out...plus very tired too. It seems like a number of people are facing hardships at this time, and I am just feeling the anguish of their pain...of course never at their level. 2 folks that have been on my mind are the following: One little girl from Esthers class ~ her father had a brain aneurysm and lived for a while before he passed away within a week of having his surgery...leaving behind his wife and 5 children. I spoke with the Mother and told her I was so sad to hear of her news, and she stared at me rather blankly...this morning she arrived with a paper announcing the benefit that they planned to have...it had the fathers picture on it, and the little girl said "my Daddy died..." and then she went off to play...it was heartbreaking to me. I just can't imagine.
The next family, I don't know the parents, but I know the little boy who used to play with Esther while Isaac was in preschool. The Mother and her little boy came back from the pumpkin farm and found the boys father in bed. They thought he was sleeping, but when the little boy went to wake him up to tell him about his day, he found that his father had shot himself in the mouth. While I may not know these people very well, just their stories are breaking my heart...all I can do is cry and hold my own babies just a little closer to me and make sure that they know that I love them, and that I make every moment a moment that I don't ever have to regret. I suppose in that way it has been good for me...Please pray for these families and their losses...

1 comment:

Jemit said...

Such terrible tragedies ! My heart goes out to those left behind. One never knows what a day may bring forth..
Love you all with all my heart.