Thursday, October 26, 2006

A BRAND NEW DAY !!!

After crying myself completely dry yesterday...I have no more left in me. Today I woke up feeling very fresh, and ready for the day!!! No more BLAHS! This morning I got myself and the kiddos ready and took Isaac off to school. The girls and I had made plans to go to the library, but since it did not open until 9:30~ we went to McDonalds for pancakes. It felt like such a treat! The girls were so good, and I even had a lady approach me telling me what well behaved children I have...Now, I know that all the Mothers out there...we cherish these comments because we know how much hard work goes into instilling that into our kids...and all that hard work has paid off...and then we sit back and smile and say...yes they are ...aren't they :-) I shall have to keep my eyes open for young families that I can encourage that way. It was such a small gesture...but here it is just making my day!!! While we were at the library, I of course picked out my books, while Esther did some puzzles. Then I helped Esther and Gayle on the computer. Later, the girls colored some pictures and picked out some books and videos. Esther got GI Joe...hmmmm. Gayle got another Elmo movie....oh boy. I noticed while we checked out, that they were having story hour on Tuesdays...that is one of our "off" days that we sometimes go to the library...so we will plan on attending that!
Tonight the kids have their last soccer practice...which really is just a pizza party...they will be so excited! Cory is planning to take the kids after his practice, and I will keep Gaylie Lou Who home with me :)
Has anyone tried the blue jello....wow it is really ...REALLY good. I had to make jello jigglers for Essies class, and I chose that color...extra yummy. We will be getting some for ourselves this next shopping trip.
Halloween is right around the corner!!! I have not gotten I-mans costume yet. His school does a "books on parade". This means he has to dress up like a character from a book. Esther is going to be a cowgirl...and Gaylie is a lady bug. Cory has not told me what he plans on dressing up as yet. His school does a Halloween Party too. I think he might dress up as a nerd...(though, he wont have to try hard...hehehe.) and most likely wear a name badge that has another teachers name on it...he has done that one before. Last year for a Halloween Party...Cory and I were both Hippies...He had a giant afro...he wanted to dress up like that at school...I thought that it was not a wise idea. I will not be dressing up this year...no parties to go to.
Here is hoping you all are having a great week...and weekend to come!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Have a happy Halloween!

Michelle said...

Wendy,

I am so glad to hear you're feeling better. I tell you what, pregnancy or no pregnancy, those stories would get to anyone. I will pray for those families. :(

Isn't it so great when people come up to you and remark what well-behaved children you have? I find myself thanking them while smiling while thinking in the back of my mind "Woo-wee, you didn't see them yesterday!!" while thinking to myself, "Hey, they are really well-behaved, ease up!" Ah, the joys of motherhood! :)

Haha! Oh, yes, I remember Cory as the afro-sportin' hippie! That was when we had been at the church for only a few months and didn't know people that well. I kept asking Dave when you walked in, "WHO are THOSE people?" It was a little unnerving with Cory being so big and then even bigger with that afro! Hey, maybe it is a good idea for him to wear that to his school! It will keep those kids in line. :P