Thursday, October 19, 2006

THIS AND THAT....

Okay, this is one of the books I got at the Library the other day. I have read maybe one chapter so far...I just can't seem to get into it yet. The title is Its Not About Me...by Max Lucado. I love his books, so when I see one I haven't read...I grab it. I think the title is ironic though...its not about me, but yet somehow...its all about me thinking its all about me...HA! Perhaps this weekend I will be able to indulge myself.
Hooray, I was able to change my "name that gender" appt. to November 2nd!! I really wanted Cory to be able to see it...and he really wanted to be there. Corys Mom may come with us, I am not sure if she has made up her mind yet. This is an image I found looking up 4d ultrasounds...AMAZING...I guess this could be what it is like. I wish I could take everyone in with me to see this amazing event. I am also excited because the date is sooner than I anticipated...YEAH!!! Since we are on the subject of Babies...please pray for my friend Leah from church. I think that she is due tomorrow. Leah has her babies at home, so pray for safe arrivals, and healthy Mom and Baby. (And fast labor and delivery...hehehe)
One of our library finds was an Elmo video. This one is the magic cookbook. Gayle LOVES Sesame Street videos. This one plays every day...sometimes twice. Usually at naptime I make the kids a little nest on the couch, and we snuggle down to watch a video like this, or I read a book. The kids are usually out in no time...and its educational too. I like the fact that you have to return these flicks...I don't know if I could stand watching it forever!! You know kids...joy in the monotony :-)
I wanted to add this to the mix. This was my FAVORITE book when I was little. It is rather a collectors item now. I was able to snag a copy on ebay for not so cheap. I keep this locked away, and every now and then bring it out for a treat for the kids. The book is called Miss Suzy. My Grandmother used to read it to me, and when I read it to the kids, it makes me think of her...so it is very special to me in more ways than one. I think that some of my siblings feel the same way about it. Another book I can't get my hands on was a childrens cookbook called The Little Witches Cookbook...Another childhood favorite, but seemingly lost forever....:-(

4 comments:

Jthemilker said...

I believe that the Little Witches Cookbook was mine, and I'm pretty sure it is at Mom's in some of her archives stuff.

Jemit said...

JJ.. You would be correct.

Full of Grace said...

I'm so glad that you were able to switch your date so Cory could go along- if it was me, I would have done the same thing, I wouldn't have wanted to do such an important ultrasound without Bob!

I own little witches cookbook (it was mine when I was just a teeny girl.) If you'd like, you can borrow it to make copies of it! :)

Have a nice day!

Wendy said...

Elizabeth...I would LOVE to borrow the book and make copies...I can taste the "ghost toast" right now :) I can never find it on ebay...what a coincidence that you actually own it!!! And here you've been right under my nose for years...HA!

Cory is really happy to be going to the sonar...I am glad that I changed it too :)