Friday, October 13, 2006

I LOVE FRIDAYS !!!!

Hello all! I don't seem to have as much time to blog anymore...at least not like I used to! Here is a tiny bit of catch up...
As usual I keep myself busy being a "driver" for my kiddos...to school...from school...soccer practice...soccer games...etc... The girls and I went to the Library the other day, and I got 3 books...2 read...and one to go...I just can never make them last! Esther tried some games on the Magic School Bus program on the computer. Cory and I don't let the kids on the computer...sometimes Isaac but only once in a blue moon...We just think there are better things to do with their time...plus they get introduced to it in school. She did alright, and enjoyed herself. Usually she does puzzles while I look for my own books.
The other day I took the girls to the zoo. It was a field trip for Esthers preschool. We had a great time...it was so much more enjoyable with the weather being cool. I did have one moment when I tried to go into the small aviary...I got to the front and went in and was hit with a blast of really warm animal-bird smelling air...and almost chucked. I had to wait outside for the kids to come thru. I have been doing pretty well with gagging thing lately...but that was just overwhelming. By the way...if you didn't know, the gag reflex is heightened during pregnancy...I had no trouble with Isaac, but with each of the girls it got worse...and this one is by far the worst...In the beginning it was difficult to even brush my teeth! We had a great time at the zoo, and ended it with a picnic...Esther had the time of her life! Gayle enjoyed herself as well!
Yesterday was a long day. I took I-man to school and then killed sometime before I picked up one of the ladies from our church. We headed to a Bible Study at one of the ladies homes...and had a great time. The lesson was such a good one...about prayer. My friend and I took a weekend trip together and did the same lessons for our quiet times...I was really excited to do it over again, but sad that so many women missed it...I hope you ladies all feel better soon! After Bible Study we all lunch together and then talk some, and then home again. Thursdays are nice because Corys Dad picks I-man up so that I don't have to rush. Anyways I dropped off my friend at her house and then headed home, packed the car with the soccer paraphranalia (sp?) and dropped the girls off at the grandparents house. I was off to my OB appt...and very tired. So far so good with the pregnancy...I've gained 2 pounds so far which is very good. Everything seems fine...I did mention that I was noticing some braxton hix but couldn't remember having them this early on with any of the other kids...he said it was most likely round ligament pain...and I said it was not...it was braxton hix...then he said that I probably have a very sensitive uterus..(what does that mean?) but that in any case he would expect that I will have a very quick labor and delivery...Im all over that like a fat kid on a cupcake...of course I just said...that was my plan! Anyhow...do any of you other ladies remember having braxton hix in your 4th month? Maybe it is due to this being # 4...hmmmm. Anyways...November 9th is the "name that gender" appointment. Cory will be hunting in Ohio...so I will take the kiddos and his Mom with me. I told him he was going to owe me big time for leaving me alone for 5 days...He said...Hey Baby...I gave you a gift that lasts 9 months...he received a mean glaring stare...he has been way too uppity lately...I feel a prank coming on. My favorite one I did, was I colored a pair of his underwear with a brown marker...after his shower he dried off and collapsed on the bed...so I said here let me help you..and helped him into them...HA....I also painted his toenails red while he slept one time...He did not laugh when he woke up (but I did.) I will have to think of something good....(snicker snicker).
Well, I hope everyone is having a fabulous week...enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!!! Tomorrow the kids have a soccer game and afterwards I will take them to Corys parents church for their Harvest Supper...of course Cory will be at a football game and miss it...but we will see him in the evening...and just perhaps...can spend time together. Oh yes, I need to make Communion Bread for Church on Sunday and pack bagged lunches...By the way...For those of you that make the communion bread...(Mom)...It freezes really well and tastes fresh. I usually always make it fresh, but if I have leftover the kids like it as a treat. Have a good weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Jthemilker said...

It's probably good that you didn't go in to see the birds. They probably would have pooped on you. But hey... that could have been a summer theme in your blog anyway!

Rebecca said...

You know-it is funny that you mention communion bread. matt just asked me to make him some and I said I didn't know how. He said, WELL-ASK! SO-would you mind sharing the recipe for that stuff. I must say, I MISS communion at C&C for that very reason.

Jemit said...

As I read your post, I thought the same thing as JJ.. Birdie Doo has really been a problem for you this year.. outright war.
Funny too, as I drove to Keith's presentation last Saturday, I got stopped at a traffic light on 228 and there was this huge sign to indicate what lane folks should be in. I was about 3 cars back from being directly under it. Atop this sign were pigeons..all looking my way..hehehehe.. waiting for the moment my car passed under, and by golly! Didn't one of them dump on my car as I went under! I could almost hear them laughing and giving each other 'high fives'..
Braxton Hicks contractions are sort of like involuntary exercise for the uterus. Since it's been stretched 3+ times, it's trying to retain it's original shape and tone. Thus you have a growing uterus and the body's response is to exercise it painlessly.. in preparation for birth later.

Jemit said...

In regard to Communion bread.. I haven't made that since last December when I had the stroke.. and then had to recuperate.. followed by your Dad's heart surgery and recuperation...etc.
Someone else has been making it, and it's best they continue till I get back to my normal self again

Wendy said...

J.J. and Mom ~ I did not go to the aviary because I was afraid of being pooped on...but you hold good points...that was rather my plight this summer!

Rebecca ~ Of course I will give you the Communion Bread Recipe. I will put it on a post for all to see right away :)

Full of Grace said...

I have to say I laughed at your description of the pranks you did to Cory, and his comment of the gift that lasts 9 months..It reminded me of something my hubby might have said!

How are you feeling about Cory not being there for your ultrasound dr appt seeing if you are having a boy or girl? Will you guys have picked a name out together before then, so that even though he isn't there in person, you can feel like he is there in spirit with a name you chose together? Just wondering! :)

Wendy said...

Well, Elizabeth...I was not feeling too awfully bad about it, because at the 1st ultra sound they gave me a cd...which I assumed had all of the "video" on it. Later I find out that it is just "still" shots...so...I am going to see if I can change the date so that he can be there...I really wanted him to be there, and he did too...that is one of my goals to accomplish today --change the ultra sound! I really wouldn't feel right without him there anyways! As far as names...yeah...that is another goal! We plan on taking the kids with us to the ultra sound, and I would like to say ...say Hello to so and so...that will make it more real to them...especially if the 4d is as amazing as they say!!! Thanks for asking...Cory is never really around to talk about it...and I find myself re-reading pregnancy stuff that I already know!...It is nice to talk about it with somebody!