Sunday, October 22, 2006

*HELLO*

Hello everyone! Just thought that I would make a post for the fun of it. I am more likely to read others blogs than I am to make my own posts...mostly there is never enough time!
Today is Sunday. Some of you know that we have been meeting in a borrowed building for church. This week was the first time we were back in our own building for the Worship Service. Many many people put there time and money into making this happen for us today. Our thanks go out to all of those people. After church, we came home and had some lunch. Cory was so good and told me to go ahead and lie down...I went right out...I slept for a while, and when he woke me up I was still so tired! I did not have it in me to make supper...so the kids had cereal for supper....and I don't even feel guilty about it!
Tomorrow is Esthers Preschool Snack Day...which means that I will provide the snack and stay and help in the classroom. This is especially fun for Gaylie because she wants to go to preschool so badly. She will get her fix tomorrow :) Later on that day I am planning to make a yummy chicken meal and deliver it to my friends who just had a baby...I had the experience of having meals done for me when I had Gayle, and I never realized how wonderful it was to have that taken off of my hands...especially having other children! I hope that they will enjoy it, it is my absolute favorite recipe !
Some of you know that Cory had moved to a different elementary school with in the same district where he was teaching. He is finding it such a breath of fresh air, and really feels like the administration is supportive of the teachers. He loves teaching in the classroom, and finds it challenging to get some kids to do their homework. I think the 1st week of school he sent 12 kids to dentention!!! I am appalled at the thought that parents don't seem to take an initiative to make sure that their child is excelling in school. Some parents don't even respond to phone calls home...what a sad situation for parent, child, and teacher.
I hope everyone is doing well...and I wish you the best for the week to come. I am looking forward to my full week, and anticipating having my husband home and done with football the beginning of next week! I guess I should mention that Cory was helping a family put a deck on their cabin, and he managed to step on a nail...I thought that he should go to the Dr. and see about a tetanus shot...he told me that he is not sure the last time he had one, but with all that has happened to him over the past couple years that he "HAD" to have had one....I agreed. Oh well...he seems to be walking around rather painlessly...but with a large bandage. Time will tell...lets just hope his jaw doesn't start to lock up...(wait...this could have its advantages...hehehehe.....I was just kidding of course.) Oh well...until next blog entry!

1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

We've never had cereal days, but my kids are older, so when I just don't feel like fixing supper we have fend for yourself night- if you can find it, or fix it, you can have it!
Hope Cory's foot heals nicely and doesn't get infected!