Thursday, November 30, 2006

A SPECIAL DAY WITH AUNT J.J.

During our vacation in Western PA...Aunt J.J. took Esther on a special date. To the horse farm!!! First they went and bought carrots for the horses and goats...and then they were off! Esther apparently "earned" her horseride. This is her cleaning stalls...According to Aunt J.J. she was a very hard worker.
This is Esther with Aunt J.J. and some of the many farm animals looking for some attention from a certain little girl.
I love this photo of Esther and "Duke". What a treat for a special little girl! Esther had a blast with Aunt J.J.~~ She is very into animals, of which we have none...(except fish...) So this was really great for her to get a fix with all of these animals. By the way I stole these pix from my sisters blog...JennyV...she has more shots if you care to peek. JJ mentions that being a middle child herself that special one on one time was craved...I don't remember feeling the need for that myself...but I do think that Esther fits that category...when she got back some of her words were...Aunt J.J. took me on a special day...it was just me and her...no other kids were there...we went to McDonalds...Needless to say...this day meant a whole lot more to her than just riding horses...she felt so loved and special. Thanks JJ.

While I am on the gushing subject...I must mention my other sister who dotes on all of her nieces and nephews...while we were in Western Pa...Our niece Joyce planned a shower for her mother who is expecting in December...she brought out a beautiful "prom" dress that someome gave to her that she planned to wear. Amanda and I decided to do her hair up very fancy...Joyce has beautiful LONG blond hair...we put it high atop her head in fancy ringlets, and then curled ribbon and put that in it...she was stunning! Esther was in such awe, and mentioned that she would never be that beautiful..(which broke my heart.) She kept mentioning the dress, that she didn't have one like it...anyways to make a short story even shorter...Aunt Mandy felt so bad for her, that on her way home from dropping Joyce off, she showed up with two frilly dresses from the second hand shop for my girls...we then proceeded to do up their hair...It was such a special gesture...and it makes my heart so glad to know that my sisters love my kids enough to go out of their way to make them feel special...Thanks Manda.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Not that it is hard to be nice to your very sweet and beautiful girls, but you do have remarkable sisters!

Full of Grace said...

Your sisters are both so thoughtful! Those memories I'm sure will stay with Esther for a long time, and I'm sure Esther too looked like a princess! I promise I'll call you next week * I know I said this week, but I've been in and out a lot and just didn't have a chance, next week Neveah starts and I will be home, so I will have plenty of time to chat- so bear with me, a phone call IS on it's way :)

Rebecca said...

What wonderfully special treats for Esther-and such kind Aunts! That would have broken my heart too, to hear Esther say that about herself. I didn't know thoughts like that even COULD pop into a girls head THAT young. Wow.

I guess I need to be more diligent to tell Corynn how beautiful she is NOW-because it seems like it might matter! I guess I thought I didn't have to worry about that for a while.

Thanks for the reminder.

(I love the photos of her horse excursion!)

PS-I hope Gaylie is feeling better?!?

Wendy said...

Yes...my sisters are top notch!

Elizabeth~~ I look forward to your call whenever you make it...with Gayle being sick and all, it has been crazy...doubt I could have talked anyways...we both know things come up...nothing can be set in stone when you have little ones:-)

Rebecca~~I think that it is the middle child syndrome type thing...which I never liked to buy into...but it seems to be true. Esther is always looking for confirmation from looks to behavior...I try to do my best to give her a lot of positive reinforcement, because she really seems to thrive on it...where Isaac just doesn't seem to need it...hmmm. Figuring your kiddos out can be tough sometimes--but I try my best!

Gaylie is feeling a little better...she now has diarhea (sp?)--What a nasty bug...Cory said 6 kids in his class went home one day...yikes!

Jthemilker said...

The fluffy black and white dog is the one she hugged and said "This is a nice doggy. It would be a good doggy for me." Awwwwww...