Friday, November 24, 2006

STILL THANKFUL ...........

Well, we are still on vacation at my families home in Western PA. Thanksgiving was a success in terms of the meal. Wednesday I spent all day baking it seems...chocolate chip cookies, lemon cookies , and for my brother in law Keith...chunky chocolate pecan bars...they all turned out great! My sister and I cooked the turkey...the little thermometer doodad popped out and we still had about 4 hours till supper...hmmmm...so we turned the heat way down and the meat was delicious!!! We had about 21 or 22 people including kids...it was a fabulous time.
Today, which is Friday...we had a shower for my sister in law Amy. She is having a baby girl in Dec. I made Chicken Salad and served it on croissants...it was so delicious. There was a good many people there, and we had such a nice time visiting.
Tomorrow I hope we can just rest up a little. Most likely we will head to Mom and Dads and let the kids run outside for the day! It is nice because they live on a piece of property that you can just let the kiddos free and every once in a while look out the window...usually they are chasing the chickens or guinneas.
Please keep Corys grandma in prayer. She had a nasty fall a little while ago, and is having some repercussions from it. She has been to the Hospital and they didn't seem to find anything revealing...but she is in pain, and prayer for her healing is the priority.
I hope that everyone is having a great holiday week. It is really going way too quick for me. We will be coming back on Sabbath day~ and then Cory will take the first day of hunting off...I hope that he gets a big one. He has already made plans with his buddies to go back to Ohio next year...they are trying to persuade him to go to Illinois right after that...silly men...they have no idea. They apparently think that it would be no problem for Cory to save up $1000 for this trip, and that it would be best spent on a hunting trip if he had it...or that he should leave me for almost 2 weeks with 4 children...one being very young. Yes...They have no idea...and I am glad for my husband to set them straight.
Wow, I really started rambling didn't I? Oh well, I am tired and want to go to bed...Good Night!

No comments: