Thursday, January 18, 2007

THE 4D ULTRA SOUND --

Okay, this was sort of a freaky experience to be able to actually see "what" Eli looks like. Check out the chops on this guy!! I was a little startled to hear the sonographer say..."When did you say you were due again?" "WHY?" I asked...most babies around 30 weeks are in the 3lb range...not our chunk...he is 4 #. I imagine I will be delivering in 8 weeks instead of 10...(YIKES). When I had my glucose tolerance test done, it was elevated a little...so he wanted me to do the 3 hr. test...I said...I have 3 kids...when will I find 3 hours to myself to do this...maybe he would let me do the 1 hour again. Instead he wanted me to eat and then in two hours have blood drawn...I did this and it came back normal. I was pleased with this and said I hoped that he would waive the other tests...he said Ummmm--No. You have big babies, and someone is obviously enjoying your glucose. So every two weeks I will have my sugar tested...DRAT...but better safe than sorry.
I like this sonar a little better, it doesn't look so alienish :) He definately looks like Isaac. The sonographer kept saying how cute he looked...I think she was trying to convince us...I told her that my kids tend to grow into their looks..Esther was pretty at birth...but lets face it...Isaac and Gayle looked like smashed up football players! HA! I will have another sonar I think around 35-36 weeks...I think he wants to monitor the babys size...I think that is a good idea :) Oh well...hope all is well with everyone...thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Jane said...

Incredible! I think he looks like Isaac too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely fella. I think in the top picture I can totally see some of Essie's features. The bottom one looks entirely peaceful. Wait wait wait.

Rebecca said...

Wow! Fantastic! That must have been so SO crazy, to SEE Eli face to face, while still in your belly. I mean, it gives me such awe to see the shape of a baby, let alone actual features!

Is it just me or does the first one look like a hand is cradling his head? The 'fingers' come around a bit. Well, probably is just me. Yep-it is. But it STILL looks like it!

I like the second one best too just because he does look so peaceful. And you know what? He IS gonna be cute-you have a beautiful family and he has two beautiful parents-what other OPTION does he have?!?!

Anonymous said...

It is curious to me that I left a comment last evening, but it is not here.. instead, you got spammed. Go figure!
I think Eli looks so much like Isaac.. almost his clone. Very definitely Valentine.
He's a cutie! I love the technology of 4D.. what next? 5D in color???
Can't wait to see the next 4D.. 35 wks?
This is fabulous!

Wendy said...

Yes...I think that the technology is amazing...however...I feel like I sort of cheated :( It was difficult to make out anything besides the face in 4D...but in the regular sonar there was such a cute shot of him holding his toes...you could not distinguish it with 4D however.

Full of Grace said...

Wendy,
Thanks for sharing your 4d ultrasound photo! It is so amazing to me that technology has come so far that you can actually see your baby "face to face" before it is born!

I love your photos- they will be such a treasure to you until Eli is born, and many years later- I still pull out Samuel's ultrasound photos once in a while to look at them :)

Anonymous said...

Wendy and Cory,

I truly think Eli looks like Essie,and he will be more than welcome to leave his mark on my sweatshirt....Technology is incredible....Also,Wendy, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, your Mom and Sister and their friends not only for their sharing supplies and things with me, but for their prayers also. I have come through the Flood of '06 by the grace of an Awesome Lord who has given me individuals who are blessings to me each and every day. You are all remembered in my prayers each day.

Can't wait to meet Eli---hopefully he will not cry when I come near him....Love Terri