Wednesday, January 17, 2007

MY CRAZY DAY......

Today started out very normal for me. I got the kids ready for school, and we hopped into the car. I drop I-man up at school first. Usually the way it happens is that you drive up to the side of the school, your kid hops out, and is greeted by one of the teachers, and then you wave and drive away. We were a little late this morning, and in front of me was a lady trying to drop off her grandkids for school...her car was so loud I could hear them SCREAMING at the top of their lungs...so the lady hops out and comes back around and waves her hands in the air at me and says "Ahhh Help Me!" So I smile, and think to myself we all have those "Calgon take me away" moments...but then I realize she really IS frazzled...so I jumped out, and asked if I could help her with something...meanwhile...screaming is still going on...I ran to the other side of the car because something was obviously wrong with one of the kids...only to see that the little boys foot was underneath the tire of the car. He was hanging out face to the ground, one foot in the car and one foot under...so I said "OH my goodness!!! Back UP" She did, and I yanked him up and had someone run for the nurse. She said that she didn't even know he had gotten out...she had told him to stay still, but that while she was coming to a stop, he must have opened the door and threw is leg out and got his foot run over...I felt SO bad for this Grandma...I knew she felt terrible, but it was a really good lesson for my kids to learn that it was the little boys lack of obedience that got him run over...it just all made me so sick to my stomache...I think the boy was okay, he probably had some fractures, but he wasn't screaming anymore once the tire was off him...the ambulance was on its way. What a CRAZY day...!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow. My jaw dropped to the ground when I read that his foot was UNDER the car! Agh! Oh my goodness! Wow.

That IS a crazy day!

Full of Grace said...

That is almost unbelievable. It is something you would think you would see in a comic-strip, I'm sorry that it was for real! I do feel sorry for the little boy and even more sorry for the Grandma- She probably felt worse than terrible!

Hope your day isn't quite so crazy today!