Thursday, March 01, 2007

UNEXPECTED PLEASURES ....

Yes indeed, I have had many unexpected pleasures in the past month or so. I just have to list some of them. Many of you know that I had been stressing out about getting everything organized for Elijahs arrival...well, I finally broke down and asked for a little help. Our good friend Terri came immediately and helped me in such a big way! I just have to say thank you to her for being so supportive.

Another pleasure that I had was that the ladies at church planned a shower for me and Eli. It was originally planned for Valentines Day, but we got quite an accumulation of snow then. On the following Sabbath, we were having a Fellowship Meal, and everyone brought the food intended for the shower, and gifts. I did not know that I would be opening gifts in front of EVERYONE in the congregation! Everyone was extrememly generous, and I am thankful to be so blessed by such thoughtful people!

And yet...ANOTHER shower!!! My girlfriends from the Preschool surprised me with a shower. They told me that I was going out for supper with them, and that one of them would pick me up. They took me to a really nice Italian restaurant...I had herbed lemon chicken...it was really delicious! I also got a Margarita since it was a special occasion...We had such a good time, we are going to plan on having a girls night out every month! The girls were so thoughtful, they had fresh flowers on the table, favors, a cake with little rubber duckies on it, and they all brought such nice gifts...I was truly touched! *PLUS* I got to dress up!!!! I knew something was up when they told me that I could wear something a little dressier...meaning dont come in your preschool sweats attire and baseball cap...HA.

Ive just got to list this surprise...which is sort of a double surprise! On Sabbath day I was on the list to be in the nursery. I had the door open so that I could be a part of the service, and I saw a couple walk in with a baby. The woman turned her head so I got her profile, and I thought...Hey I think that is my college roommate Lydia...but she never fully turned around...so SHAME ON ME...I spent most of the service trying to capture a peek...which I never got. I did think that I recognized the baby from his photo in the Covenanter Witness. SOOOOO....after the service, the pastor always has visitors introduce themselves...and as soon as she said "College Hill" I knew it was her...So I yelled out..."Thats my college Roommate" "hi roomie!!!". It was a surprise for both of us since she did not know that we attended that church, and I did not know that she would be in town. Ethans sisters live in Ithaca, so I am hoping that when they make another trip this way that we could steal them away for a while!!! Ethans sister was getting married so we could not steal them away this time...but we had a nice chat during the coffee hour...and I must say...Lydia looks more beautiful than I've ever seen her...and her little boy has the most AMAZING eyes I think I have ever seen. They are light blue outlined in deep navy...WOW! It was soooo great to see Lydia and Ethan again...I hope we don't wait that long before our next meeting!

So that concludes my unexpected pleasures lecture...Thanks to all who have been so thoughtful to me and my family...you are appreciated, and a blessing to us!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ack! I still haven't gotten those pictures to you. I am sorry. Matt says the best way to do it would be to send you the cd. I will have him make it tomorrow so I can put it in the mail on Monday.

Sorry it has taken so long... :-(

What FUN-to have a girls night! This church out here doesn't do showers for every baby. That is so SAD. :-(

Michelle said...

Wow, Wendy, isn't it nice to be spoiled with showers when you're having your fourth baby? Too often, people think we have everything we need and don't do anything. I am thankful that our church not only does the showers, but also the meals! :D

Wendy said...

Rebecca, don't even worry about it! Its not like I can scrapbook at this point anyways!

Michelle, I definately agree...the more kids you have the more worn out everything is, and the less that you have--it truly was a blessing to us!