Tuesday, January 11, 2011

COUPONS...

So...Cory and I have been trying really hard to be more and more frugal. One of the things we have started doing more of is couponing. We would use them here and there before, but not really put much effort into them. I had been doing most of my shopping at Wal*Mart, and buying all of the generic items...and still not being able to make things stretch that far. One of the reasons we did not use the coupons was that it would require you to buy 2 of something to get the deal, and we didnt feel like we could spend that kind of money. We have put a lot of effort into it so far, and have found that we hardly GO to Wal*Mart anymore. We buy most of our groceries at our local stores like Robs Market (Shursave) and Price Chopper. They have their own store coupons, which you can use WITH a manufacturers coupon. I think that Cory spent almost as much as he saved yesterday at Price Chopper. We have been making good use of Rite Aid. Rite Aid will have sales on items and then give you a discount called an UP Reward...which is credit toward your very next purchase. You can use a manufacturers coupon with them as well. For instance...Special K cereal is $4 something a box...Rite Aid had a sale for Buy one get one. I had a BOGO coupon...so We got 4 boxes of cereal for $.70.....not EACH....for all! 70 cents!!!!!! Actually, we came home with over $100 worth of groceries for under $20.00! Some of the items we dont really use, but we are interested in the rewards to purchase the items that we do need. I figure that if I get a bunch of items that I wont use I will donate them to a shelter, or give them away to folks who could use them.

One of the sites I like to go to is "I am that Lady .com" (she is on my side bar) She is from the NY area, and lists a lot of good deals, and places to get them. I think she is also a Christian too, so I like to support that. Would anyone be interested in coming to a coupon seminar if I could arrange her to come to my house? I think the cost is under $10.00 I emailed her, and she seems willing. Let me know ASAP if you are interested. Cory says there are some teachers that he works with that are interested...we might as well make our money work for us!

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

I would love to come for the coupon class if it' feasible... depends when it is and how the weather is...