Wednesday, September 06, 2006

GOOD MORNING WEDNESDAY BLOGGERS !

The other day I was thinking about my Grandpas old farm, and whenever I think of it, I think of barns with the Mail Pouch advertisement. Now, I am pretty sure his barn didn't have an advertisement on it, but he chewed Mail Pouch just the same. I remember loving the smell of it...but hating the taste! I always love those trips down memory lane :)
Our Labor Day picnic this year was at Corys brothers house. Cliff and Chris just put in a very beautiful inground pool, and despite the chill to the air...the kids and Cory went for a dip. I sat on a lounge chair soaking up what sun there was...it was truly a delightful day. Cliff grilled some traditional picnic fare of hamburgers, hotdogs, and spiedies...yum! It was also Chris's birthday so we had ice cream cake for dessert! The kids searched long and hard for the perfect gift for Chris from the dollar store! Cory and I got her a candle that smells like Pecan Pie...I must admit...I wanted it for myself...HA!
The other day I was trying to start our furnace to take the chill out of the air...it would not work...so Dad came over and fiddled with it...it didn't work! So the furnace guy came over and said that it was rusted out...(from the flood)....so it has to be replaced...he quoted Dad $2800.00 I felt so sick about it...Cory and I are hoping to add a little extra money to help offset the cost of the furnace...it might take us awhile, but I hope we can do it!
Today was Isaacs first day of school. He was so excited, he came in and woke me up asking when he could get ready...I said just give me 15 min. It was good he woke us up though, because Cory turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. Anyways we got ready and I took him to school early and got some pictures of him with his teacher, and me, and his Grandma who works at the school. I am very proud of him, and know that he will be a good boy! It sure is quiet here today though.
What is on the agenda for today? Laundry of course. The dishes are stacked to the ceiling...but everytime I go to the sink...I am so overwhelmed...I just can't do it! Cory was going to do them last night for me, but was too busy preparing for students today. So he said he was sure I would be able to improvise...I said " you mean you want me to go out and buy plates?"...he laughed anyways. HA. Tonight he has football practice, and I look forward to seeing him around suppertime.
Hope everyone is having a great week...

No comments: