Saturday, September 23, 2006

MORNIN...!

Yesterday I was on my way to go get fuel, and then pick up I-man....Dad had stopped over and noticed as I was pulling out that I had a low tire....DRAT! After I inspected it, I found the culprit...a nail in my tire! I marked the side with some chalk and then drove down to the auto garage and asked them to repair it for me. Thankfully Dad was around to save the day or I would have been stranded somewhere needing to change a tire...If I really LOOKED prego it might have attracted someone to help me, but I don't yet. I am not sure if I could change that tire anyways...or if it would have been safe for me to be wrenching around like that...hmmm. When I got my learners permit my Dad made me read the ENTIRE owners manuel before I could take the car out by myself. I also had to change the tire in front of him...I can't recall how I did...maybe Dad knows. I must admit, I haven't read this vans owners manuel Dad!
Also on the agenda yesterday, was to go pick up some friends of my kids and take them to I-mans school movie night. I picked them up, and treated everyone to Happy Meals...they loved it! Next we met Cory at the school and then the kids got settled in. Everyone usually brings a pillow and blanket, or beanbag to sit on...quite comfy for the kids...the place was packed for the first night. Afterwards we took the friends home...I just was not feeling up to a sleepover.
Today is Isaac and Esthers 1st Soccer Game....the kids are so excited. We went out and got Esther her shinguards and cleats and we got Isaac some shinguards too. Somebody gave us some cleats yesterday that fit him...I LOVE hand-me-downs!!!! They also gave us a couple bags of clothes for the kiddos too....LOVE IT! Today it is raining, and I think that soccer plays despite the rain...I don't appreciate standing in the rain...I am sure the kids will think it is fantastic! After the game today I have to run straight over to our church. Delegates from Synod are going to be there, and they would like to meet with individual families. Cory will be off scouting a football game somewhere. At the moment he is having football practice. Football will all be over next month...I will get him back for a while before Baseball season starts :)

I hope everyone is having a good week. I am feeling a little better. I am excited because yesterday started my second trimester!!! I can barely stand it...I just have to know who this baby is...I want to buy something to make it seem more real to myself. I have a feeling it is a boy...but it is not really a strong feeling. We would be happy with a girl too...I can just imagine...if it is a girl, the 4 of us could go on a spa trip together when we are older...or some girly thing like that...and if it is a boy...well, I am sure Cory will have a Yankee Ballgame Trip planned for the 3 of them...I can't imagine he would be able to leave us behind from a ballgame though..we all love them! Just thinking about it all makes me so excited!!!! Oh well, enough of that...have a good upcoming week everyone!

1 comment:

Jemit said...

Don't feel too badly Wen.. He had ME change tires on every car we ever owned except the present one.. and for this one, he bought me AAA for Christmas last year.. what a guy!

Sounds like you've had a busy couple of days.... ya need to relax a tad.. this is your mother speaking.. hehehe