Tuesday, September 19, 2006

STUFF AND NONSENSE.........

Okay, Well I didn't know what to write again...so I thought I would journal some of the things that remind me of my childhood. #1...Penny Loafers....I love these. I would wear mine with my rugby shirt and pegged jeans...or perhaps a white shirt with jeans and slouchy white socks....Ladies...we can bring this back..(not the pegging pants though!) Mine of course had shiny copper pennies in them...and I wore them proudly with my mile high hair....those were the days :-)
Scratch and Sniff stickers were very big...I had a sticker book that I traded with other ...sticker people. The Fried Chicken sticker was my favorite...HA. You were really something if you had the kind that were filled with oil, or were fuzzy, or had the gold embossed pegasus stickers....all of which I had little of...I guess no one was really knocking down my door for scratch and sniff fried chicken stickers...hmmm.
Jelly shoes. Mine were purple with an open toe. These must NEVER make a comeback. I am sure I made some sort of statement while wearing them with socks...you see the holes hurt your feet, and socks made that feel so much better. I think I had a pair of high heeled jelly shoes which I proudly wore with my bright yellow lace madonna socks...Oh yeah...Look out!
Mr. Yuck stickers....they were all over our house....I liked these cute stickers, and couldn't imagine anything that they were on being quite so bad. You really don't see them anymore...I think they are replaced by the skull and crossbones...a little more daunting I suppose...at any rate...I liked these :)

This is it for now...that was a fun trip down memory lane...until my next entry....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jemit said...

uh-oh.... did you have to delete a comment? ya wonder who these dips are.. but it's why I have to moderate my blog so closely.

I was thinking about your bubble dress.. and about the times we ate by candlelight because I burned something.. hehehe

and all the shoes you loved- that kept you occupied for hours..eat your heart out Fisher Price!!

Rebecca said...

OKay. You WANT penny loafers to come back?!?! I remember my mom TRYING to convince me they were cool. hehehe

Jelly shoes-not that I would LIKE it-but I don't DOUBT they will come back. Have you seen the flip flops with heels? I see jelly shoes coming back with a small spike too.

I loved those Mr. Ick stickers too-but NOT fried chicken stickers. I have never heard of such a thing-and I am SHOCKED that you found a picture of one. WHERE DO YOU GET THAT STUFF?!?!

That was a fun trip..

Wendy said...

Rebecca...Hold your tongue...Penny Loafers are VERY cool!
I get my pictures by going to google and then clicking on images...after that I type in anything I want and then make my selection and just right click and save it to my picture folder...easy easy easy!

Abigail said...

One of my favorite stickers was a scented, freshly mown grass sticker, and i still have my sticker book, though the grass sticker, at this point, doesn't smell as fresh as I remember it smelling.

I probably should throw it out in my next house overhaul...

Jemit said...

For a free sheet of Mr. Yuk stickers, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope to:

Free Mr. Yuk Stickers
Pittsburgh Poison Center
3705 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Believe it or not, Mr Yuk is still quite popular.. it was a program started by the Poison Center in Pittsburgh's own Children's Hospital..

Rebecca said...

Thanks Jemit! I am going to request some today! (I know-that sounds like an advertisement promo but hey...it's true!) :-)

Michelle said...

Oh! Yes! Wendy's mom beat me to it, but I was going to say that Mr. Yuk is very popular again! In fact, when I had Matthew in 2002, the hospital in MD gave me a "welcome baby" pack with a sheet of them. THey are so fun! I remember everything under the sink when I was a kid had one of those on it, staring at me.

Jelly shoes are back, too. Have you seen them at the stores?? Well, now that it is fall, you probably won't. I don't know about those... They made my feet sweat. Ah, but they were cool!

What about telephone cords belts? I loved mine. It was lime green. (roll eyes) LOL