Thursday, September 21, 2006

HELLO AGAIN !

I always seem to be on some birds hit list. This is a Kildeer. When I was in Kindergarten, I had to walk out our long driveway to catch the bus...I met a Kildeer in the middle and that stinkin bird would not let me past!! Finally I cried and my Mom or Dad had to walk me out...it seems that they had put a nest right in the middle of the driveway and they were protecting it. They would always be flying near the tractor whenever Dad would plow the garden...perhaps another strange place for a nest? Anyways...the other day...the only nice day we had...I took Esther and Gayle on a picnic in the back yard. Up over head I could see a hawk making wide circles around us...and then it was making small circles...really freaking me out....so of course I took the girls inside...I just cant stand birds. Once when Cory and I were Pre children...we were fishing at the cottage and a robin attacked the little knob on the top of his ball cap...he had to swat it off and then it just stood on the ground squawking at him like it was yelling at him...I've never seen anything like it before...it was so funny...I am just glad that it didn't try to come near me....
Major sinus pain today. Yesterday too. Thankfully Corys Dad came and took I-man to school for me to give me a break. I have so much to do...and never enough time. Feeling lousy is not going to make things any easier either. This happens with every pregnancy I have. Usually I end up going to my Doc, then he tells me to call the OB instead...who sends me back to the Doc...I cry and say somebody help me...and then they do...and life gets a little better. Perhaps I will just cry first this time around :)
This morning was a nice start to the day. I usually drink a cup of tea to start off my morning. Today I made one for Esther in a fancy tea cup and we drank our tea together. This pattern is called Old Country Roses...that is my china pattern. It has been packed away in bubble wrap and boxes for I would say...10 years...just waiting for a china cupboard to display its beauty. Someday. The cup Esther used was different of course...you know, they actually make a kids plastic set of the Old Country Roses...Someday I will get that for my girls. Anyways, I had a good time with Esther. She practiced her memory verses with me, and was just happy to feel "grown up". It was a nice way to start my day.
Tonight I-man has soccer practice. Esther too. All I can imagine is that I am going to freeze standing out there! I know that they will both have a lot of fun. Cory has football practice after school so he will meet us there.
Tomorrow night the school is having a movie night. We have invited some friends to come and join us. Originally the plan was to have a sleep over, but I just can't manage it feeling so lousy. The kids will be excited though. I am going to take them all to McDonalds and buy them Happy Meals. They just think that is the BEST! Sometimes the girls and I might splurge there on a library day, but since Isaac has not been home because of school, he misses out on the special outings.

Hope everyone has a great day today! I have so much to do--so I had better get a move on! Talk to you all later!

3 comments:

Jemit said...

IT MAY BE BECAUSE OF THE CHICKENS AND THE GUINEY HEN, BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY KILDEER FOR SOME TIME.. THEY LAY AN EGG IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DRIVEWAY.. THEN TRY TO DRAW YOU AWAY FROM IT MAKING A LOT OF COMMOTION AWAY FROM THE EGG.. STRANGE BIRD IT IS.

Jthemilker said...

Try Airborne - it's supposed to be all natural packed full of vitamins. I take it any time I feel a cold coming on and then I feel great! Of course I have also found that Alka-seltzer Cold Medicine is great for colds that get in before I can attack them with Airborne. I'm tellin ya - it works! Try it! (of course check w/ the doc first) Hope you are feeling better soon.

So - Essie is playing soccer too?! Awesome!

Rebecca said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

That is such a sweet idea, to have a real live tea party with Esther. I might have to try that sometime. She would LOVE it for sure! That sounds like a good tradition! ;-)