Tuesday, September 12, 2006

HI EVERYONE !

Hi everyone! Just wondering if any of you fellow alumni are planning on going back to the old Alma Mater for homecoming? Cory and I think we are going to make the trip out! Hey Sparky...are you and the Mrs. going to make the trip? Give us a call or leave us a message!
Well, today started off pretty routinely...I got the gang ready, and took I-man to school...when I came back the furnace people were here putting in our..furnace! Needless to say it works :) I did a little cleaning up, am doing some laundry, and I think that sometime after lunch the girls and I will trek to the library. After that, I will probably let them play at the park for a while, and then it will be home again...just in time to turn around and pick I-man up from school. Cory wont be home for supper again. Tonight he has a "grade parent tea". I guess the parents come in and collaborate with the teacher on celebrations, and who will do what...So pretty much Cory will sit back and let the ladies figure it out...HA! He also has football practice after school, sooo we wont see him for too long tonight. Also on the agenda...what to make for supper? Chicken or Chicken? Hmmmmm.
Now is the time for me to start getting ready for making applesauce. I really enjoy this treat! Cortland apples give it the pink color that I like, and Macs give it the smooth creamy consistency that makes it so yummy, we might have to mix them! I have two quarts left, and two pints....pickens are getting slim...so we've got to get a move on! Mom, let me know if you want me to make you some...I'd love to exchange for some of Mandas Red Raspberry Jelly...I have one jar left that I have hoarded in the pantry...but am going to give it up for a birthday gift...maybe. HA!
Tomorrow Cory has open house at his school. Tomorrow is I-mans open house...I can't wait to see his classroom, and see how he is doing! He is so excited about school, and is greatly enjoying himself. We are hoping to take him to Geneva Colleges homecoming again this year. He is old enough to be in the "Geneva Gang" which is 5-12 year olds...they do all kinds of activities, give them a t-shirt, lunch , and they ride in the parade...it's never too early to start him off thinking that Geneva is HIS college...yes, he knows where he's going! We will try to see if they will allow Esther to join in too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why hello there!!! The last I heard from the wifey is that we can make it, but if my sister comes down that weekend we cant make it. Heidi would be babysitting the nephews and my sister might be going to a baby shower.....so I dont think Heidi would appreciate me leaving her with the kiddies. It is not definite that my sister is coming though, so.....all that to say I am not sure Heidi and I would be going. I will keep you posted. Hope all is well and you have fun at the open house!!! Talk to ya soon,
Spark

Wendy said...

FABULOUS DAHHHHLING...KEEP US INFORMED!

Jthemilker said...

Shhhhhhhhhhhh... I have a stash of red-raspberry yum too!

Rebecca said...

Oooh-Apples! I am on my last jar too. I am wondering what I will be doing about that this year-as before I always had a free supply from Matt's parents' trees. We might have to schedule a TIMELY trip, if you catch my drift. :-)

It's so good to hear that Cory and Isaac are enjoying school. Fun Fun Fun! Now-what about Esther?!?!

Wendy said...

J.J.--I am posotively jealous...as I have no "stash" to speak of...perhaps you like home made applesauce and will barter? Think about...I realize they are a precious commodity :)

Rebecca, That is so lucky to have FREE apples!!! I definately think you should plan your trip accordingly :)
As for school, yes Isaac and Cory are enjoying themselves...Esther is in love with it! She wakes up hoping that it is her day to go! I was the snack Mom the first day so I stayed to help in the class...of course Gayle had to join, she did FABULOUS! I know that she just cant wait till it is her turn next year! Despite both kids being gone for that amount of time, it still feels like more work for me, and I get really tired due to pregnancy :) I love it anyhow. Thanks for asking.