Monday, May 08, 2006

I TOLD YOU SO...........


Didn't I say that I would catch a HUGE fish? Yeah....that I did. On Sunday after church, we headed up to the cottage to visit with Amanda and John....(and to toss a line.) There is a spot where the bass always bed every year....So I put on a 3 inch Yamamoto in Cinnamon/no fleck. I antagonized that beast until he was so irritated that he took it! I yanked it up on shore...only to have it fall off of my hook...I screamed "John!!!" "Cory!!!" "Get my fish...don't let him go back to the water!!!!! AAAAAAAhhhhhhh!!!!!....This bass was BIG! John got there just in time as it was flapping around...and I was able to get my picture taken with their camera. They promise to get a print made for me so that I can post it...when? I don't know...but you can be sure that I will pester them and pester them. Yes I believe I hold the record so far....hehehe! I think it was about 20 inches and probably 5 pounds....The mouth was Gigantic!!! What did we do with it? We had to throw it back because it was not in season....otherwise...we would have mounted that puppy!!!!!! I suppose I must mention that my Brother in Law John actually did hook this one as well...and apparently it flopped back in the water before he could get to it...and of course there is no picture to prove it...sorry John : ( HA!
Some other mentionables would be : Both John and Amanda caught really big Perch...I have never seen them that big in the lake. John caught a really nice sized Crappie, and also some nice sized Pickeral. (Actually a couple Pickeral I think! Way to Go John!!!) Isaac caught 2 sunfish and a Perch...he is doing so well! Good Job Bubba! I know that Cory caught some as well...maybe some bait...HA...just kidding Cor! I think Cory caught 2 bass and a little teeny tiny blue gill (hehehe!) Gayle and Esther had a fabulous time. We found out that if we give them each two worms to play with...they are good to go...they will play with these worms for foever!!!
We are planning to go to the cottage again on Mother's Day if the weather permits....We just never get tired of fishing!!!!

No comments: