Thursday, May 04, 2006

PRESCHOOL FIELD TRIP TO THE FARM.......




This is Esthers school field trip to a farm. It turned out to be a really chilly day...thank goodness I had Isaacs extra coat in the van :)














This is a photo of Gayle trying to feed the calf its bedding.



















The trip was rounded out with a venture to the neighborhood McDonalds...where two girls enjoyed happy meals :)














Gayle loved to pet the calves...she was so excited!















Gayle is not holding crap in this picture...(trust me, I know my crap)...it is feed for the cows :)

5 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Hmmm... future Dairy Princesses in the making?!

Matt said...

Do you know whose farm that is?

Wendy said...

Hi Matt,
The farm is in Windsor...I want to say "Winsor Acres"????? I threw the sheet out that had it's name. It is quite a large dairy farm. I will find out the name on Monday and post on your blog when I get a chance. Did you recognize it?

Matt said...

I don't recognize it from the pics, but I wondered if that's where you went. They host a lot of stuff like that for good pr relations. I think they milk somewhere around 2000 cows?

Wendy said...

Matt-
I wouldnt doubt it too be that many cows. They had huge barns full of calves...and another full of calves that maybe were sick or needed special care...I dont know...anyhow I was a little dissapointed in the tour. There was no education at all...he didnt even really speak to us, but just took the kids around to see the animals...you know he could have at least told them that "these cows were just born yesterday...or said something about the cow that had just birthed..." Am I rambling? :)