Saturday, May 06, 2006

THE SATURDAY NIGHT POST

Today was a busy run around kind of day! It started out by Cory leaving for Baseball Practice, and me getting the children ready to go to swim lessons. This was the last day of lessons, and the kids did a great job. They love to swim, and we hope to take them more often this summer. After lessons, I was going to go buy my sister and brother in law a Wedding Gift...when they called my cell phone, and said Yeah...we are about an hour from the cottage...I said I will be there ASAP! Needless to say, I did not shop for a gift, but went right home to get some things they might need there like blankets, movies, ..etc... I put all of that in the car and then we headed off to the grocery store. The kids and I put some fruit, crackers, and sweet goodies into a basket for them to have while they stay. We pulled in to the driveway and they pulled in right behind us...Good Timing. We took some time to sit and talk, and then did some fishing off of the dock...Manda caught a really nice sized perch...John caught some rather large crappie too. Isaacs bobber went under a few times and I said "Hey Isaac, watch your bobber!" Whatever was nibbling must have gulped because he didnt have any bait left...and apparently it was my fault because I was talking and scaring the fish away!!! Isaac left irritated telling me that there was no fish in the lake : ( Better luck next time I-man!)
After we fished...Amanda and the girls and I went inside, while John and Isaac stayed to fish some more. Then, we loaded up our car and went out for supper. I had the Portabello Chicken with Pasta....(that is what I always get..) It was sooo good! Cory got Chicken Parm. and Manda and John got home made Spaghetti...it was good food and good fellowship. John told us that on the way up he got a speeding ticket...HA (Now everyone knows John!) I told him not to feel bad, the other day I got crapped on by a bird. I hoped that made his plight feel a little lighter. After supper we said our goodbyes...and Manda asked if we were coming up at all...I said we werent planning on it...it's your honeymoon...she said..you can...all we are going to do is fish...I said If that is all you are going to do, it will be a pretty sorry honeymoon...(wink*wink*) At least John laughed. Anyways...we are going to see them sometime tomorrow after church..fishing and fellowship :)
Hope all is well with you bloggers...Have a good rest of the weekend :)

1 comment:

Jemit said...

now THAT was a real fish story!!