Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Recently Cory and Isaac went fishing for some trout...and brought some back. I am really rather ignorant when it comes to seafood...the last time I just soaked it in milk, then I put it in a baking pan put some spices on it, and a little butter...and baked it. The kids loved it, I thought it was alright. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prepare fish in a family friendly tasty way? I would really like to start cooking more fish as in is rich in Omega 3's...Please Post Anything you think might be helpful about cooking with fish, such as what kind of fish you think tastes really good...how you prepare and cook it...spices...I NEED HELP!

I thought that I would put a picture of this stairmaster here...I started going to the gym sometime in February. I usually do about 25-30 min on the stairmaster...(it really kicks your butt!) After I do this I go do some circuit training...Then I rush home and we eat supper. When Baseball season started, I just found it was too difficult to keep up with. The hour that I might spend at the gym, turned into the only time I could really see Cory...and I cant be asking his parents to watch the kids for something like that. ( I try to reserve that for Drs Appts, or when we get into a bind about something...) Anyways, Cory has continued to go 3Xs a week, before school. He has lost quite a bit of weight...I am so proud of him. I have lost some too, and I am looking forward to the end of baseball season so that I can resume my gym trips. I am hoping to lose about 25-30 LBS we shall see how it goes. I know when I was exercising regularly I had a lot more energy, and was a little more organized...I can't wait to get back to it.

7 comments:

Jemit said...

YOU MIGHT SQUEEZE A LITTLE FRESH LEMON ON THE FISH TOO.. GIVES IT A NICE FLAVOR

Michelle said...

Keep at it, Cory and Wendy! You guys can do it. :) Yes, lemon is awesome on fish. Mrs. Dash type blends are great, too. We just usually bake it in the oven-line a pan with foil, put your spices on top and bake until you can flake it w/a fork. It doesn't take too long, maybe 20mins at 350F.

Jane said...

What is circuit training?
I like lemon on fish too. It really cuts any fishy taste -it is great in tuna salad also. I like broiled or grilled fish. It is very quick-just a few minutes on each side. I put a little butter on each side to keep it moist. I like to use Old Bay seasoning or cajun to spice it up a bit. You can still add lemon or basamic vinegar with the spice.

Jane said...

That should have read -balsamic vinegar.

Wendy said...

These are all good ideas. The fish that we are eating...still has the bones in it...it is really irritating...Is everyone making fish with out the bones?

Wendy said...

Circuit Training is when you do different stations like weight lifting with your legs, arms, working on your abs...I do about 10-12 sets at each station. Different stations will work different areas like one might work my calves, others my inner and outer thighs, one might work my chest, and another my arms...it is sort of hard to explain...did that help at all?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»