Thursday, May 11, 2006

OUR NEW CAMERA.......YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

A long time ago in college Cory and I bought a really nice Minolta camera. The door on the back has been broken for a while now, and the cost to fix it is over $200...NO WAY...What a rip off. I loved that Camera. I have been using Corys Moms camera for a while now. My friend and roommate from Geneva College is a Photographer (among many of her other talents...). Sarah told me she was going to get a souped up digital camera...so she was going to get rid of this one. So of course we jumped at the chance! This is a Canon EOS ELAN 7E....which means nothing to me....all I know is that it is a whole lot of camera...and I really dont know what I am doing yet. Apparently it can focus on whatever your eye is looking at. Maybe that is the "eye control feature?" At any rate...I am going to be reading up quite a bit. Now attatched to this complex camera is a Sigma AF-MF Compact Hyperzoom........See the picture down there?


I know that I am going to have to get busy and figure this all out.............AAHHHHHHHHHHH Thanks Sarah....I am really excited about it, and I cant wait to take some great pictures...and I hope they turn out as great as yours :)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That is the COOOOOOOOOOLEST! Is it it 35mm or digital? If it is digital I am SO jealous! Either way, you are going to LOVE that camera! I LOVE my Canon! It won't take long before you get the hang of it and then become obsessed with photography like me! That is SO great! I can't wait to see the goodies you produce...

Wendy said...

This one is a 35mm. Sarah was switching to digital and really didnt feel the need for this camera anymore...I knew that this was a quality camera so I jumped at the chance. Our next one will be digital...but for now--this is more than we expected :) Sarahs pictures were amazing!!!! I hope mine turn out half as good.

Jane said...

I love my little digital camera. The one thing that I would like is more capacity to zoom in. It does zoom in, but I would like more zoom. I have been taking a lot of pics of the kids and of spring blossoms. The flower pics I have been using to make cards. They are so easy for the kids to make really beautiful cards too.

Wendy said...

Yes, I think a digital camera would be nice too...but I knew what kind of photos this camera took, and knew that we would never have been able to afford it brand new...so we jumped at this. Your pictures really do turn out lovely!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»