Tuesday, May 02, 2006

TUESDAY AFTERNOON POST................

Well, today is Tuesday, and usually the girls and I stay home and try to clean up from the weekend and Monday...Instead, we went to Wal*Mart....I hate grocery shopping. While we were there...I got 4 rolls of film developed...2 were from Christmas...go figure...I didn't even notice. I will be posting some shots...but I can't seem to make the scanner work...perhaps Cory knows!
I was just outside hanging clothes out on the line. There was a bumblebee that kept coming dangerously close to me...I zigged I zagged...I got crapped on by a bird!....I was soooooo irritated...I know that bird must have known what it was doing...anyways....I guess I have even MORE wash to do!
On a happier note...the other day Cory arranged for his parents to watch the kids so that I could come to his ballgame and we could go out for supper afterwards. It was so nice...I actually did my hair...oh yeah...I do have a brush...I used hairspray and lots of it...oh yeah...then I put my make-up on...I dressed up...sort of . jeans and a sweater...its a base ball game, come on! Anyway, I felt like I did Pre-kiddos! Unfortunately Cory lost his game. We went to the Texas Roadhouse for supper. This is a place that we like the food, but we hardly ever go there because it is on the expensive side, and also you cant carry on a conversation because the music is too loud! So once in a blue moon we go and then say...oh yeah, that is why we never come here :) Afterwards, I thought we were headed to the store and Cory turned into a hotel...Im like what are we doing here? He said you didnt think you were just going out to dinner did you? I said ...ah...yeah, I guess I did...that was the plan. It was very sweet. Cory had reserved a room with a spa tub, and we spent the night there just the two of us with no distractions! Cory doesn't often do things like this, but since we barely get to see each other during the bb season, he made the arrangements. This was so thoughtful...and we had a FABULOUS time. (wink wink)
Just a short story. Apparently the librarian had to tell Corys mom a story about Isaac because she was so amused by him. He checked out his book, and wrote his name on the card...apparently backwards. enitnelav caasI The librarian said...um...Isaac, do you see something wrong with this...he looked and said no. She said you wrote your name backwards...he said "wow!" "I didn't know I could writed backwards!!!" He was very pleased with himself. I guess she did not expect this reaction from him.
Hope everyone is having a great week...will try to post my pictures soon :)

6 comments:

Jemit said...

Sorry about the morning.. but it sounds like you and Cory had a special 'date'.. how nice for you both! *wink* *wink*
hehehe
How did Isaac end up writing backward? That's pretty good! I can't write MY name backward, and it's a lot shorter than his!

Jthemilker said...

Hey, I can write my name backwards... .J.J and forwards J.J. I guess I'm cool! :)

Full of Grace said...

Wow, what a special treat!!! I am just a tiny bit jealous- we have only spent the night in a hotel together just the 2 of us on anniversaries and not every one at that, but lately we have been able to take off on short motorcycle rides together and that is fun!

That was really funny about the bird, and really neat about Isaac! :)

Wendy said...

Yes it was a lot of fun, and believe me Elizabeth...this is a new thing for me...we dont even do this on anniversaries :)

Mom--I guess Isaac started writing on the right side first instead of starting on the left...that is how he managed it.

Yeah the bird crap was a real riot...:(

Rebecca said...

Ooohhhhh....I KNEW Cory was the most romantic guy! I just knew it! What a great time! Was it at all WEIRD not having ANY kids around? Just waking up by yourself seems magic enough for me. If Andrew doesn't wake me up, Corynn does by hopping in bed saying "It's BREAAKFAST TIME!"

A spa tub?!? In my dream home, we will have one of those! With sides so wide you can put lots of candles. Very sweet! He is DEFINATELY a keeper.

Wendy said...

Rebecca, Yes he can be very sentimental sometimes...it was not strange being all alone..but when we woke up the next morning, we were ancy to get back to see the kids. We left earlier than we had too...that is strange. It was a fantastic time, and yes...our dream home has a tub with jets big enough for Cory :)