Friday, April 28, 2006

CONGRATULATIONS TO LYDIA...WOOHOO!!!!!!


Congratulations to my long lost college roommate, Lydia! Lydia and I have been reunited via email...and I have found out that she is expecting her 1st child! I am so happy for you and Ethan, and I hope you have a really pleasant pregnancy!

Now, about this picture...it is really kind of an inside joke that some would not understand even if I explained so it is best just to leave it like it looks...2 college students acting strange..and most likely up to no good :)

A little background on Lydia: Lydia is a prankster...plain and simple. In college...I never made my bed...one evening I found it "made"...I should have known something was up...I said "who made my bed?" "I did" "Oh thanks...you didnt have to do that!" So I turned out the lights and tried to get in my bed...what the ...hey I cant get in my bed...what's up with my sheets...? then hysterical laughter...I short sheeted your bed...hhaaaaahaaaaaaa. That was an enjoyable prank....What did I do?....Nothing drastic...I just threw a glass of icy cold water on her while she was in the shower...I snickered...I thought I was funny...hehehe. I am sure that there were other things that happened, but the one that sticks out in my mind...is far worse than my sisters toilet water prank. I was part of the choir at college called the Genevans...We were getting ready to go on tour and my parents had dropped off a lot of luggage and stuff for me to go through...as usual it was all over the place. I came in excited to go through it all when I noticed something on my pillow. I t was not something that I recognized , so I kept staring at it...finally I said ...I wonder what is in that bag?...Lydia said very gleefully...it's a present for you! I should have known something was up....so I joyfully went over to receive my "Present"...I was so excited...what could it be?...I wanted to relish the moment and guess what was inside...so I squeezed it ...and poked it...and all the while Lydia was laughing and laughing...I thought she was laughing at me...so I thought that I would "ham it up" so I was just about to bite it...to pretend like I was gnawing on it...when I brought it up to my face...this RANCID...DEAD ROTTING MEAT SMELL entered my nostrils and I screamed ....I through the package...and every time I tried to speak...a scream with unintelligible words came out...I have never been so freaked out in all my life. Apparently the scream must have been pretty loud as half of the floor came running to our room...some annoyed...some probably in on the joke...it appears that my delightful roommate found a dead rotting rat under a bench outside the dorm...wrapped it up in a grocery bag and put it on my pillow for me to gleefully squish between my hands and ALMOST take a bite....And Lydia goes down in History...but like I have already told her...Every time I see road kill I think of her! Why did she do it? Besause she knew that I had a fear of rodents, and reptiles...and because she is a PRANKSTER...plain and simple!

3 comments:

Jemit said...

this is what we sent you to college for?? tsk tsk

Jthemilker said...

This is a grand story about the rat... if only I had thought of it myself! LOL

Rebecca said...

your a brave woman! :-)