Thursday, April 06, 2006

TIME OF DEATH..................8:30

Today was a sad day for little Isaac Valentine. His pet hermit crab...affectionately known as "Mr. Crabs" met his demise today. The custom is that before bedtime we feed the fish, and the crab, and give the crab water. Imagine our surprise to see that he had shed his shell!!! A sure sign of growth...it was time to get a new shell for our thriving pet...only...wait a minute...he isn't moving, and uh oh.....yep, sure enough...he was curled up in a little ball...Isaac called his family members that he thought might need to be aware, and then headed off to bed. Poor little guy. He is excited on one count...that Cory said he would get him another one...not just one, but two. One for him, and one for Essie. Isaac says that he will miss Mr. Crabs.

7 comments:

Jthemilker said...

This is just precious! The poor little guy. Should we send a sympathy card?

Jemit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jemit said...

I suppose there will be a funeral?
What's the dress code?
shark skin suit?
alligator shoes?
maybe scuba gear?
Wet suit or bathing suit?
hmmm...
He made me feel so sorry on the phone tonite.. poor guy.

Jane said...

Well, at least he 'came out of his shell' before he passed away.
I suppose it would be fitting for us all to get on the 'scale' in Mr. Crab's memory. Easier than getting on a wet suit. We could have tuna for lunch. A funeral for a crab sounds a little on the fishy side. But I guess it is an ok thing. If people start getting crabby about it...well, I don't want to go down that road. I am feeling all at sea. It is past my bedtime...

Wendy said...

Yes ....I think that it is a sad thing...and I agree a funeral would be a little "fishy"...Isaac is doing a little better this morning...he keeps asking when we are going to bury Mr. Crabs...Tonight is the night!

Rebecca said...

Hey Wendy! It is great that you have a blog now! Perfect timing-we will be able to keep up to date when I move!

I was sorry to miss you in church on Sunday. I hope your family is doing well. Who is sick exactly? I hope it is nothing serious...

BTW~I love the pictures you posted. VERY Cute! You look great in the one with Isaac! Okay-well, have a good week! Rebecca

Wendy said...

Hey Rebecca, Yes this will be a great way to keep in touch...I am not sure if they were sick per say...I mean they were normal, and then all of the sudden both of the girls were throwing up at the same time....AHHHHHHHHH anyways, they were fine afterward, and then the next day...It was really strange!