Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Busy Weekend

Today will prove to be a very busy day for the Valentines! It will start with Cory making his customary Saturday Morning Pancakes and Eggs for the kids--They Love it! Next it will be hurry and bustle around to get ready for Swim Lessons for Isaac and Esther. They are doing quite well. Isaac seems to swim better underwater than he does on the top...he he he. Esther has a continual smile on her face....The kids love their swim lessons. This will be their second session that we have signed them up for this year. It is really important that they learn how to swim, #1 because Corys parents have a cottage with a lake, and #2 Because I always wish I knew how to swim. I thought about taking the adult learn to swim class too with the kids, but I couldn't fit it in the schedule with baseball season. There is still time for me however.
Later on today, in fact right after lessons, is Corys baseball game at the school. We will take our shovels and pails and play at the big dirt/sandmound at the side of the field...they will be filthy...(note to self...take extra changes of clothes for kids) After their expected victory, we will come home, have supper, and get the kids washed up just in time to go get groceries! It will be a Loooooooonnnnnggggg day for the Valentines. Sunday will be a much needed rest.

6 comments:

Jthemilker said...

You can't swim? Where were you when we were taking swim lessons?

Enjoy the day of fun and frolic.

Wendy said...

I never got to take swim lessons. For some reason I only got to the part where they had us hold on to the wall and kick. Then one time we went and they told Dad that he owed money or had to pay for something...and he left in a huff, and we never went back...hence no swim lessons. Go figure.

Jemit said...

HEY..I have to add MY 2 cents worth.. I loved the comment about Esther with the smile on her face. It reminded me of YOU when we went to Moraine to swim.. You couldn't quit smiling and would have your mouth open the whole time!

Wendy said...

Yes, She does remind me of that story too. That is exactly how she is. I find that Esther is more like I was as a child everyday...much to my horror sometimes...and sometimes much to my satisfaction:)

Full of Grace said...

Hi Wendy!
I'm glad to see you have a blog now too, It will be fun to check out your photos and "happenings to do" :)
Cute pictures- I especially like the one of you and Isaac together! :)

Wendy said...

Hey Elizabeth, I am really new to this, but I am having so much fun! You all inspired me. It has also been really nice to keep in contact with my family too. My Mom, Aunt, and older sister set up a blog too!